Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

Fixed Aspect ratio

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Agathoclis
Filters: 2
I am almost finished with a new filter (my 2nd!)
but! how do i make a picture appear in an aspect ratio of 1:1 in my filter? i mean if a picture's aspect ratio is different than 1:1 then my filter is all messed up -_- so what componets do i add and how do i set them in order to <crop> and center the image??

Thank you in advance smile:) smile:) smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 75
Some components in filter forge, like gradients, only work correctly at an aspect ratio of 1:1. You could always crop your image in photoshop, but sometimes that is undesirable. Fortunately, filter forge users have made ways around this problem by creating proportional gradients like this one or this one, which span the whole length/width of the image regardless of aspect ratio.

I hope this helped. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
agathoclis,

welcome to FF!

indigo is correct and a component or algorithm that would allow for non-square images to work right with those other components is one of the most requested items in FF. so, you're not alone smile;)
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Agathoclis
Filters: 2
ok.Thanks for the replies...Indigo Ray the gradients are ok but how do i use them???
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/7352.html here is the filter.now what i want is to open an image but not having the aspect ratio changed....
what can we do?????
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 75
Oh! It's not the image whose aspect ratio is changing, its your filter! It's not even the fact that it's not seamlessly tiling, because it is, but you don't care about that. You just want the shape to stay a circle (as in the shape of a CD), not become an oval, am I correct? And you want that circle to stay in the center of the image.

Well, there are other ways to make rings and circles in filter forge besides using the frame components, such as blending gradients, but there's another problem. Normal gradients will repeat themselves if the image is not square, causing parts of circles on the edges. Proportional gradients will span the whole image and probably make an oval like you have now.

You could probably use an offset to manually squeeze the oval (just the frame components, not with the image yet) back into a circle, a threshold to cut off the side-circles that appear, and then another threshold to add in the image. However, most people don't want a filter that they have to adjust manually using math equations. And that's all I can come up with now. smile:(
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,469 Registered Users
+8 new last day!

121,337 Posts
+24 new last day!

11,154 Topics
+12 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

7 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter