Bookmark and Share

Voyager 3 by Skybase

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 220
Voyager 3 by Skybase
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/8383.html

Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 220
Just like the other versions Skybase..Marvelous is an understatement.. smile:)
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
very cool smile:)
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 75
I agree, this is nice. Aren't stars so much easier with the bomber? Still, I gotta say your first Voyager is still my favorite.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 67
Still, I gotta say your first Voyager is still my favorite.

Actually I agree with this. In creating Voyager 1, I was actually looking at a bunch of pictures, but I eventually went away from the realistic to a more strangely soft and mellow realm of color.

This actually turned out to be a very very good choice because they simply worked. The one thing, however, in sacrifice to doing so was the render time. It took more processing power (and brains) to come up with something that actually ran fast enough, but did not fail in terms of aesthetics.

The big push, for Voyager 1 was also the problem with the randomizer which completely messed up the look and feel. Sometimes you get a nice space scape of nebulae, sometimes not. Maybe that was a good thing, but I figured in terms of usage, it was just simply irritating to wait for it to render for a result.

I reproached the problem in Voyager 2.x where I actually set it so that the nebulae was centered and made sure that there was always something, even when randomized. It was faster than Voyager 1, and it worked better. But as a sacrifice, there was none of that "floaty" stuff. The nebulae always ended up in the center which was sometimes dull.

So finally, Voyager 3. This version is probably the most simplest and the fastest version of them all. The bomber was a great addition to FilterForge. It simply made making stars bloody easy and fast. Of course, with a complete overhaul of the whole filter meant a large change in terms of looks and color.

I'm perhaps going to go back to the original design, and try to recreate it within FilterForge 2. Who knows when I'll be done, but I feel like at one point, I'm going to totally need a generative background for a movie or something. And that's probably when I'll make Voyager 3.5 or 4 happen.
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,552 Registered Users
+9 new last day!

121,678 Posts
+54 new last day!

11,219 Topics
+12 new last day!

Online Users Last minute:

16 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter