Bookmark and Share

Paint Chips by b15fliptop

<< 1 2 >>

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
close up detail in higher resolution of the read and white hearts

I want to give credit, thanks and congratulations to Kochubey for the great Heart shape he has made in his Layers of My Heart filter. Thanks

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

b15fliptop wrote:

Wow, Ray, you're really enthusiastic about this filter.

YES !! I have fallen in love with this filter since I have seen it, BUT what I was missing was that it ONLY could make square paint chips, and although the results are very good, they were limiting.

But before I did not know nothing about the filter editor untill now that have began to learn and have been able to transform you work of art filter, into something MUCH MORE varied and with many possible shapes.

If I did like it much and loved before with ONLY the plain square chips, imagine how much my love have risen since I have discovered how to the change the shapes smile:) smile:loveff:

b15fliptop wrote:
I think similar results could be achieved more easily with the polygon shape. I'll take a look at it tomorrow, and update the filter accordingly.

Well there must surely be more ways to do things and using different components.

Please, if you want, I can send you by email or upload here the 3 filter version I have already done if you do not want to make them yourself.

Thanks again for creating this amazing filter.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

What about changing the square chips into little arrows ? smile:D

I want to give credit, thanks and congratulations to Ghislaine for the great Arrows shapes she has made in his GF Arrows filter. Thanks

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
I have a little question...
Look at the closeup of the 24 sided stars SpaceRay has uploaded:

Why are all the stars clipped at the bottom?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Morgantao wrote:

Why are all the stars clipped at the bottom?

Oh yes !! You have seen something I did not. It´s true that all the stars are being clipped at the botton smile:?:

I have just made some NEW render and see if this happened again and makes the same effect or it was just once. Well it repeats the clipping effect!

And after making some renders and testing what happened, I have found the problem, and is because the original filter have in the beginning small shapes, and when you put a big shape it gets clipped, I have reduced the size of the 24 side star and the problem is gone.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Ah, cool.
And congrats on the new Avatar smile:D
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks Morgantao, Please see the details about it in this thread here

Could you put one avatar yourself ?

Here I put my latest test of shape making for this wonderful and lovely filter. I had already square and circles, but no triangles, so here it is

PLEASE, LOOK FOR MANY MORE EXAMPLES OF SHAPE CHANGING IN PAGE 2 HERE

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

And also using tiny triangular frames smile:D

If you like these, please go to page 2 of this thread to see much more.

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Until now I have used only ONE shape, but as there is 5 bomber components and they act separately, you can ALSO MIX shapes as you can see below

Here I have used 3 shapes, triangular frames, original square one, and arrows

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

And here I have mixed other 3 shapes: Hearts, square and 5 point stars

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

And now I have mixed 5 different shapes: squares, hearts, circles, triangles and stars

As said before, if you like these, there is many more in page 2 of this thread

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Now the filter is much more complex than before, BUT is easy to use as there are 4 additonal branches connected to the bomber components, BUT for using this you have to go each time inside the filter editor.

BE ABLE TO CHOOSE SHAPES INSIDE THE FILTER FORGE SETTINGS TAB ??

All this has been done entering each time in the Filter Editor and changing the settings inside and then save it, but this is not the way to do it.

What would really be good is to have a switch component that would allow you to choose which shape you want to use AND if you want only ONE shape or have multiple shapes. But to make this I still have to learn more and try to do it.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Using the kingfisher built-in preview with the 5 shapes of the last post above

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

And now lets use this 5 different shaped filter for a real image with lots of colors

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

And this is exactly the same as above in bigger detail close up

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Filters: 108
I want to give credit, thanks and congratulations to Ghislaine for the great Arrows shapes she has made in his GF Arrows filter. Thanks

Glad that my arrow filter can serve you. The image makes me think to a pine trees forest in winter.

I like the way you use the Paint Chips filter. Hearts, rings, etc. when I saw the ring's one, I was thinking to my rings soup. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

By the way the shapes are NOT sharp because I have applied a blur on the borders so this is hy are not looking sharp, of course that you can switch off this blur and have it perfectly sharp.

What is bad and I feel is not good, is that ALL the high usage I have made on this filter is TOTALLY LOST and will not be sent to the FF server because I have made slightly changes to the filter and so is considered a new one and looses the author usage reward smile:(
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Ghislaine wrote:
I like the way you use the Paint Chips filter. Hearts, rings, etc. when I saw the ring's one, I was thinking to my rings soup

Thanks for your comment, I am also glad you like them.

rings soup ? Ah, yes, you mean the noodles soup ?

Your soup comment have given me an Image
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

here is another test I have done with other image using the 5 shapes as before

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

And here is the same image BUT ONLY using the circle shape as it was confetti paper

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

And her is the same circle only image in close up greater detail

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Filters: 108
No noodles no alphabets but just real pasta in ring form. Glad for the idea that the soup has given you.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I have found a very big problem and one that CAN´T be solved smile:(

On page 2 I suggested to add control sliders to the Free rectangle component to be able to control it from OUTSIDE of Filter editor and simply changing the values in the filters setting tab in FF

Well this is true that can be done and it works well, BUT very big problem (at least for me and from my own point of view) is that you DO NOT have a preview of the shape that you are creating modifying the sliders values as it happens very well in the filter editor.

AS you can see here, in the filter editor there is a realtime preview of the shape you are building using the settings from the component

BUT when you close the filter editor and go to the FF library in the normal settings tab there is NO WAY to have a preview of that shape you are building with the sliders. smile:?: smile:( smile:cry:

You can see here below that when changing the sliders setting there is no way to know what is happening UNTIL the preview effect is rendered and you can see what happened

SO I think that the ONLY possible solution is to have FIXED shapes sizes already configured and available to the user because is very difficult to make them yourself from the settings tab if you do not have a preview to make the shapes.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

I think most users will be happy with just 5 preset shapes to choose from or combine.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Morgantao wrote:
I think most users will be happy with just 5 preset shapes to choose from or combine.

Yes I too think it so, and agree that with 5 FIXED shapes will be enough, but my idea was that you could CHANGE and customize those 5 shapes BUT is very difficult without a preview, and this is ONLY available in the filter editor.

SO I think is better to TAKE OUT the configuration controls I have suggested and only leave the original control and only put new controls for choosing the fixed shapes.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Ghislaine wrote:
Glad for the idea that the soup has given you.

Thanks, my idea was to replace the shapes by shapes of letters in bold style, So you would have lots of letters shapes instead of triangles, square, stars, etc...

BUT I have been looking to do it and really have no idea how would I replace the shapes with LETTERS shapes, smile:?: I mean how to generate and make them using FF components, because I have tried to use images of the letters and it does not work. smile:?:

As far as I know there is not any component that can import customized user shapes, and can´t use vectors, and the only shape making ones (as far as I know) is the free rectangle and free polygon, there is no Free shapes maker or importer.

So I think I will not be able to do this, unless someone know a way to make OTHER complex shapes (letters or numbers) and use them instead of the basic shapes from the components above.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

SpaceRay, look in the library, there are several filters that have text or numbers in them. You can look inside them to see how to make the letters from basic shapes.
There are even filters that use a script to create letters.
You may wanna look at Pool Balls by Truman, or Terrain Generator by Orteil.
  Details E-Mail
mach1
awesome.....!!
make that 7 who like it.....
thanx & thanx spaceray for your examples
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

mach1 wrote:
awesome.....!!
make that 7 who like it.....
thanx & thanx spaceray for your examples

Hello, thanks for the comment and I am glad you like the examples. You are right this is an awesome filter.

One word of warning, I want to say that you do not get confused, and that ALL the examples on this page are NOT included in the filter. This is a filter that I am developing now and hope to be released soon, although not sure when.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Spaceray wrote:

Ghislaine wrote:
Glad for the idea that the soup has given you.

Thanks, my idea was to replace the shapes by shapes of letters in bold style, So you would have lots of letters shapes instead of triangles, square, stars, etc...

BUT I have been looking to do it and really have no idea how would I replace the shapes with LETTERS shapes, I mean how to generate and make them using FF components, because I have tried to use images of the letters and it does not work.

Morgantao wrote:

SpaceRay, look in the library, there are several filters that have text or numbers in them. You can look inside them to see how to make the letters from basic shapes.

GOOD NEWS, now thanks to the GENIUS, great mind and ideas of Threedee this is NOW POSSIBLE thanks to him and his new filter that allows to have LETTERS inside FF!!!

The filter is this one

TD Europa Sans Caps Proc Font Advanced by ThreeDee
  Details E-Mail

<< 1 2 >>

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,326 Registered Users
+7 new last day!

120,858 Posts
+20 new last day!

11,083 Topics
+12 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

GMM, 8 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter