Filter Optimizer

Filters: 38
Nice!
Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 65
The new version adds a couple additional features. (Version 1.1)

1. New kaleidoscope mode allows you to make tiling arrangements. (Also comes with framing option for fun.)
2. Added anther type of noise generator so you can make a bit more with it.
3. Variations for color and rust patterns so you can maintain the shape of the texture while changing the colors and gunk. smile:)

Will upload some examples soon.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Here's one example of the filter: given a diffuse and bump map as displacement, you can create pretty complicated shapes with ease.

I used Indigo RT to render this example out. The base shape is a simple cube with enough subdivisions to allow for complex displacements to happen.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
Looks awesome!
Whe you say you used Indigo RT to rendered it, what host software did you use? Or can you model things in RT?
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Indigo RT is a standalone render engine which takes in Indigo files made by exporters. So I used Maya for the cube, the set up was done in Maya as well and the rest was handed over to Indigo for rendering. Exporters are available for various programs so no limit on what you want to use. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Ah. Thanks for the info. Still more complicated than I thought smile:D
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Very nice the cube and very well done with lovely Bump map and 3D textures.

Great that you have the knowledge and skills to make this easily for you with 3D software and Rendering apps.

Is true that Indigo RT (as other also available rendering engines) are standalone BUT the source files to be rendered must be done in another 3D software compatible with this rendering engine.

As said VERY WELL by Morgantao, this is STILL more complicated and difficult to make as you could think and not for beginners. smile:D

WILL BE THIS YEAR THE LAST ONE FOR THE MAYA SOFTWARE ? smile:?:

By the way, as you have said that you have done the cube in the 3D Software MAYA, I wanted to know if you have seen any news that this will end and finish it´s existence this year ? It´s 2012 smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

lol I see what you did there.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Spaceray, let's just say that if the world survives it till 2013, then so will Maya smile:D
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

16,835 Registered Users
+9 new last day!

118,933 Posts
+22 new last day!

10,838 Topics
+14 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

8 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter