Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

LAB#3015 Skybase

<< 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ...  21 >>

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 67
It's kinda interesting. To colorize this you can create R, G, and B channels and set the iterations differently per channel. The result looks like a nebulae because the process is essentially the same when telescopes capture images of space.

So there you go smile:)

Quite frankly I also hit page 10 of my own thread. heh!

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Super chaos circles.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Yup

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
WOW!! The Super chaos circle are SUPER AWESOME, fantastic and beautiful, love them much, great work and very well done. Like much how the different sizes of the circles, their colors and how they are mixed all toghether in such a very good way.

You are really a great artist from all the works I have seen and admire what you do and the skills you have to make all this things. Congratulations.
  Details E-Mail
lipebianc
FFF = Filter Forge Fan

Filters: 12
This topic amazes me everytime!
(ALAWAYS) Very impressive work, Skybase!
And outstanding use of FF!!
"From the moment we are born, we start being filtered..."
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

YES, Lipebianc, I agree with you and is true what about Skybase works.

They are different,impressive, give you an impact when seen and are impressive.

He really knows very well how to use and make outstanding things with FF
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Memories Decay (2008) Original version

Used I Dream in EGA by Mike Blackney

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

... meanwhile in the lab... while having a massive headache... I was constructing this filter.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
I hope it wan't the filter that gave you the massive headache smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Had this idea for a while....

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

m . hm...

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Neat.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Simple version with median filtering to ... well fix some bits and pieces and make it look nicer.

Details E-Mail
Betis
The Blacksmith

Filters: 75
me likey smile:D

Very graphic/bold/minimal. Is there a way to fill the insides with similar shades to their surrounding rings? smile:)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base are belong to you.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Does the Super chaos circles awesome effect you have shown above have any relation with the Gradient Circles filters ?

I mean, is this a variation or derivation of that filter or is a different filter you have done ?

Because perhaps it could be that is a variation with solid colors without opacity, although I could be wrong.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

I suspect there's more to it than just opacity. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Of course that this is MORE than opacity smile:D I know that this can´t be simply a change to solid colors and opacity, but I mean that if this a modified variation of the Gradient Circles filter.

I think that this could be a variation with more bombers to have more particles and more varied circles.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

oh, in that case, yes, that's probably it smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Gradient Circles and the super chaotic circles thingy displayed, only relate in where I'm using a bomber. Beyond that the way I'm producing the entire visual feel is different.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks Skybase, so if the only thing shared between both are that you are using the bomber, then I was wrong thinking that they could related in some way. Morgantao was right thinking that this were more complex or different than it seems.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Thought I'd share some more fun stuff with the world. http://www.behance.net/gallery/Filter...ok/4000767

Development of a Filter and some looks stuff on behance. Needed to update my portfolio with some filterforge stuff smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Very good and wonderful your behance gallery page, congratulations on the works you do, and admire and like them much.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Very nice, Skybase!
You have some very unique and lovely images on your portfolio smile:)

Seems like you've got your hands in all kinds of graphics, that's cool.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

... some of the filters I make need total revamping. I remade this one: http://www.filterforge.com/filters/8642.html using the classic technique I used here: http://www.filterforge.com/filters/8852.html

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I have seen that in your Behance or in your Wordpress website do not have any reference, more examples of creations made with this filter shown here

I would like to see what you have done with this with your great and excellent creativity and good designs, surely this your works would be beautiful and interesting to see them if you want. Or this was for a private project for some company ?

I am asking you this because after have seen your awesome, amazing and jaw dropping design of the incredible MEMORY SPHERES that is in some way similar to the one above, I want to see MORE, as this is not enough eye candy, this is too beautiful to have only 4 examples and 2 of the filter above.

This excellent Memory Spheres were done in photoshop or in any of the other many artistic software that you use or a mix of them ?

MEMORY SPHERES

Here I just put the first 2 example go to the link to see the other 2

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I also like much the photos of the buildings that looks like a texture, very well done

see them here

and also in this other website

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Memory Spheres was developed using Synthetik Studio Artist 4 and Photoshop. It utilizes one of the synthetic brush methods to automatically "paint" an effect while simultaneously detecting each stroke via a buffer. smile:)

Whatever. maybe I should just show off my links cause there's a whole ton of alternative websites that feature my work. Nice how PetaPixel picked up "Falling Apart." It went pretty crazy for a day or two. You can see the entire collection here: http://skybase.wordpress.com/2011/06/...x-systems/

And the rest of the stuff is all located across the web. I'm gonna just show off here. Hardcore showing off mode!! woo
http://skybase.wordpress.com/ <--- blog.
http://www.behance.net/skybase <--- behance (has resume)
http://skybase.deviantart.com/ <--- deviantART
http://skybase.tumblr.com/ <--- tumblr
http://cargocollective.com/Skybase <--- cargo
http://soundcloud.com/errorcell <--- SoundCloud (has production I made)
http://www.freesound.org/people/ErrorCell/ <--- my ancient library of creative-commons loops n stuff.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks very much for the links, I will see them later

Skybase wrote:
Memory Spheres was developed using Synthetik Studio Artist 4 and Photoshop. It utilizes one of the synthetic brush methods to automatically "paint" an effect while simultaneously detecting each stroke via a buffer.

Good to know. I have just discovered and seen this Studio Artist 4 but have never used it, will have to download it and see how it works and what effect s you can do with it as it looks very interesting and that you can make incredible effects not possible with any other software.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Dithering to Tomorrow

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Lines and lines and lines....

Details E-Mail
Betis
The Blacksmith

Filters: 75
woah those lines are wicked! I actually have a font called Lines that does a similar effect in blocks for letters

http://www.dafont.com/lines.font
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base are belong to you.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Nice lines!
My wife would kill me if I put something like that as a desktop wallpaper smile:D

I like the dither filter too, reminds me of 1990's when gifs ruled the world smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Tried something different with the stained glass thingy.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Curves! smile:D

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Complex stuff! sorta!

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Yay!! Probably won't be in the library. Lately most of the things I'm showing are starting to fall under that category. I can share results still.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Looks cool, I like the third one the most. smile:)
Only reservation I have with the first two is that the glass ripples sometimes go beyond the metal frame.
Very nice to look at!
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
freaky 'lines' smile:) love the stained glass! smile:)
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Skybase, I see your lifesaver...

And raise you a Lionfish smile;)

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Very nice Morgantao smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Concept work for "The Tower" game I'm developing. Quick color tests and trying to achieve a certain level of abstraction (typically what I do but I want it further...)

Entire scene was modeled using Maya and rendered in Mentalray. Painted right over it using StudioArtist and tons of post was done in Photoshop. Filterforge was used for the final look... for fun. Consequently looks darker when exported smile:| Folks it's brighter than what it looks like.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I put A Dream About Circles online.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/A-Drea...es/4149975

FilterForge can go pretty nuts. smile:D

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Skybase wrote:
I put A Dream About Circles online.

I must surely give my GREATEST congratulations for this absolutely amazing, awesome and jaw dropping collection of artworks !!!! WOW I can´t belive how beautiful and lovely they are. If I already admired your work now you overwhelmed me and must of course congratulate for your creativity and great innovation making art in this way!!

I have seen this yesterday, and was breathless and could not write about it as I was stunned and overwhelmed in beauty and was not possible to write a word, so now I do it.

I dream I could have such skills and ideas for making artistic things in that special and excellent way as you have shown in your portfolio in the webs you have put your works, and for me this is the icing on the cake.

You know very well how to combine the shapes, the colors and everything to be able to create such great beauties, and is not only to be able to MAKE the filter for this, ALSO IS VERY IMPORTANT know very well HOW TO USE IT in such a very good, artistic, and creative way as you have shown in the behance page, because is like having a digital camera that anyone can have, but of course NOT everyone is able to have great photos even when thay can have the same camera, is the artist that knows well how to use it.

Congratulations again. You should show this works in a much better place in printed size so many more people could admire the beauties you have done so well.

Note:

Be aware that I not requesting at all that you explain how you have created this beauty and I perfectly understand that this is a personal and private project, so do not worry at all that I do not feel bad about this, just to be able to watch your gorgeous works is already enough for me and is a great emotion and joy.

Thanks very for having shared your work here and to the world in your personal website page.

NEGATIVE POINT

I can´t tell nothing negative about this latest works, BUT yes about the new stainless glass with curves aboves, I am very sorry, but in the same way I have told I love your work, I tell you that I do not like and find bad this new stainless glass variation, do not know why, but for me is MUCH better the original and first version, but of course this is my personal own opinion.

And the same about the pattern with the nearly rings shapes. Sorry
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

The new stained glass stuff's technically for a client... and you know... it gets pretty NDA heavy.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Skybase wrote:
The new stained glass stuff's technically for a client... and you know... it gets pretty NDA heavy.

Perhaps you skipped the long congratulations message and only have seen the negative point and I do not understand why you say that the "new stained glass" "is it gets pretty NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) heavy.

I mean that I do not understand that I have said that I did not like this variation from the original filter that for me is MUCH Better and worthy than this one, so I understand that you are telling me that as this has a NDA it can not be shared in the forum or in the library ???? smile:?: I do not want it.
  Details E-Mail

<< 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ...  21 >>

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,464 Registered Users
+10 new last day!

121,321 Posts
+9 new last day!

11,151 Topics
+10 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

5 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter