Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

LAB#3015 Skybase

<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ...  21 >>

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 67
Well thanks for the flattery. Just a bit too much for me so I just didn't know what to respond. Reading it was 5 minutes of me thinking, "whoa, no wait that's too much. Man that's a lot. oh dear oh mai that's more than enough well ok cool thanks." and yeah so I just lost what I wanted to say so I just went immediately down to where it was in BOLD AND IN CAPS. because things presented in that are important, according to my natural instincts. I usually shy away from super loads of stuff like that.

Just regarding the stain-glass confusion, I'm basically trying to say stuff which just fails to get across. It twas basically directed under another artist. I just couldn't tell anybody that until now. Haha.

*Please take all this as humorously as possible.*
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
PLEASE, be aware that you DO NOT have to read all this if you do not want, and you are not forced to do it, and I do not expect an answer to this.

Skybase wrote:

*Please take all this as humorously as possible.*

smile:D Of course that I am not angry of thinking bad from you and I find it funny in the good way and I take it in the humorous side because I can´t be bad against you at all, it has been my error and not yours. smile:D

Skybase wrote:
I usually shy away from super loads of stuff like that.

Again I am sorry for again making a LONG answer and I have a problem with this, because I tried to resume it and make is as short as possible but I could not. smile:(

I wanted to make this text as short as possible BUT when finishing I found this whole amount and have reduced it but can´t do it much. Sorry. smile:blush:

Skybase wrote:
Well thanks for the flattery.
Just a bit too much for me so I just didn't know what to respond. Reading it was 5 minutes of me thinking, "whoa, no wait that's too much. Man that's a lot. oh dear oh mai that's more than enough well ok cool thanks."

I am sorry for giving excessive compliments and been so long congratulations, and went over the board in expressing what I felt and how much I love your work you have done in your latest work.

It has been my fault an error in expressing it too much considering that you are Japanese that are less exposed to emotions and avoid to express them much (at least this is what is said and told in general Japanese culture) and you think is exaggerated for what you have done, but believe me that in my case is NOT exaggerated, this is really what I feel it, I REALLY LOVE MUCH your latest work and is excellently done.

And you are right that has been bad to put the negative part in bold and in caps, is true my error too, but I thought that you would not believe that ALL was good, so I wanted to put something negative to balance a little too much positive.

I know already that it can happen that you think you do NOT deserve or think that this can be possible, HOW can he say so much and express all this emotions about ME and my work smile:?: smile:?: you may think that this is ANOTHER work of the many beautiful you have done and do not understand why he is saying this, I understand now it and is NOT your fault.

Although I still think that you DESERVE to have this much (and even more smile:D) compliments about your work from my personal point of view as I really LOVE IT MUCH

From Wikipedia
JAPANESE AND EMOTIONS

Cultural Emotion Expressions

Japanese "are low in self disclosure, both verbally and non-verbally...Most of these attributes are ascribed to the Japanese people's collectivistic orientations."(Miyahara) This study conducted shows how the Japanese people, members of the Eastern culture, have a relatively low expression of emotion. "Emotional moderation in general might be expected to be observed in collectivist cultures more than in individualistic cultures, since strong emotions and emotional expression could disrupt intra-group relations and smooth social functioning."
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

PLEASE, be aware that you DO NOT have to read all this if you do not want, and you are not forced to do it, and I do not expect an answer to this.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
I could definitly see those dreams on canvas on the wall!
Very good!!! smile8)
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Procedurally created with Artmatic and processed using Emme's Analogue

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Is that Candy Land? smile:D
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

This last looks like a threater scenary with cartoon cardboard colored mountains smile:D

I am sorry, but I have to say that I have been in your Behance web page 4 times already looking for more than 15 minutes each time your beautiful and amazing designs you have done in "A Dream About Circles"

Please, I want to download them and print them as little postcards to have them near my computer screen so I can see them every day.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/A-Drea...es/4149975

I have seen that it seems that you have rendered 6 different square designs in same style and then joined them together in rectangle, or am I wrong ?

Sorry that I have fallen in love with this beautiful and impressive artworks you have done.

Thanks
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I have seen that it seems that you have rendered 6 different square designs in same style and then joined them together in rectangle, or am I wrong ?

It's the way the bomber works. smile:) If you look closely, the first 4 divisions on the left area actually joined by a large circle. It's barely visible but it's there.

And if you wait a bit I'm actually making prints. It's just that it takes a while to process them.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

I'm actually making prints

What size?
On what material?
How many?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Skybase wrote:

And if you wait a bit I'm actually making prints

YES? And where are you going to sell them ? What size ?

Are you going to print them yourself ?

I would prefer to pay for the file and the artwork you have done and download it myself and print it myself instead of having to pay shipping costs and waiting for them to arrive.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

I would prefer to pay for the file and the artwork you have done and download it myself and print it myself instead of having to pay shipping costs

Me too. Where I live shipping costs can cost as much as, or sometimes even more than the product you order.
I once payed $50 shipping and customs for a... wait for it.... NIGHT LIGHT! smile:evil:
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Some base-level wall texture I generated for my game The Tower.

Now speaking on image downloads and stuff... I guess I'll do that sooner or later.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Game level style experiments I'm doing. The entire scene was created using Maya 2012, all textures were developed using FilterForge. The scene was then rendered in MentalRay completely flat where much of the "depth" comes from foreground-background relationshops and lighting conditions.

The current abstract look is a work in progress. It was manually painted using StudioArtist on top of the render. Photoshop was used heavily to emphasize the lighting further. Details are being lost right now and need to find a way to maintain them while providing the abstracted look and feel.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Uses my procedural wood texture and Bookshelf 2.0 (http://www.filterforge.com/filters/8308.html)

Level concepts for my game, THE TOWER (working title.)

Part of it is incomplete in terms of textures.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

I like the library very much!

The cristal cave one is also good. Kinda reminds me of Another World (A game from 1991)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

How is it going your work?. I like much what you are doing, very good and beautiful way to use your library filter in such a well done way.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Bookshelf filter is by Genie smile:)

Meanwhile... new stuff. Experimental!

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

And another one!

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Skybase wrote:
Bookshelf filter is by Genie

Oh yes, Sorry, I do not know why I thought it was yours.

Skybase Wrote:
Meanwhile... new stuff. Experimental!

Nice and well done. I like it, please keep experimenting this way.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I have to say that since I have seen your "A dream about circles" collection, I every day and every night dream about your great artworks circles as I have fallen in love with them smile:loveff:

As said, to remember them even more I will make a small postcard print of them and be able to see them each day to see how beautiful and wonderful they are.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

I swear, in this one I can see a samurai, a tin soldier, and Super Mario being eaten by a cobra disguised as a fox!

In the second one I can only see an owl...
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Returning to my older filters.... totally updated!

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

And... another example....

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

I want! smile:eek:
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

SOON
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Toy pyramids.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Cute. I like how the colors are not totaly in sync with the piramid stairs.
Also, nice texture, and pretty pretty colors smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

The recent finger print maker remixed. Kinda looks like clay... fails where it fails.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

"Flood" by Flaming Pear is a classic Photoshop plugin that "floods" your scene with water.... And I was thinking: "Why not replicate the results in FilterForge?" So while it did replicate the results, I ran into a bunch of trouble with scaling things around and otherwise, but I made it work anyway.

So here's the result.... There are some additions to the filter's final output.

1. Reflectivity can be controlled (so you can see through the water.)
2. Caustics where the water touches (controllable.)

This was done as a homage to one of my favorite plugins out there. smile:)

Details E-Mail
Betis
The Blacksmith

Filters: 75
Nice! try some fresnel action too and maybe a slider for water detail (almost looks a little too smooth?) but it looks damn good anyway
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base are belong to you.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

You can change the flood height and everything like that. The difficulty is in dealing with the perspective.

In this filter I'm using the scale with a profile gradient to generate the perspective. Values get smaller = noise pattern looks more distant. But, because of this the perspective cannot be changed significantly. What if we have a photo that's tilted at 20 degrees down? Basically I'm just saying I need a way to produce a 3D plane that the ripple effect can rest on. <--- oh dear.

Anyway, here's another result.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Oh yeah and speaking of fresnel I added a profile gradient to the opacity parameter for the reflection. So now the further away you are the more it'll reflect, the closer you are it'll be less reflective. smile:)

I added an option so the edges can be feathered or not. I don't know how many people want it feathery but regardless the option is there.

Now I just need to tweak some of the problematic sliders.... Some of the parameters go whack mode when I do something to it and I just need to sit down and think about it.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Looks amazing. Just as cool as the original plugin, if not better!
  Details E-Mail
Betis
The Blacksmith

Also remember that reflections are additive so use linear dodge or at least screen to blend them smile:D

edit: looks like you already have that, good hehe
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base are belong to you.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Well see, it LOOKS like it's right, but I'm stuck on using a certain mode because of the way I constructed the entire tree. So It's really just "normal" mode haha. I donno, it looks generally "ok" artistically speaking. But I should try to fit it additively as well. More options = better in one sense.
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
the flood filter was always one of my favorites, too. looks like you've done a good job on it. there are some other flood filters in the library. might take a look at those for tips, if needed and wanted. for the perspective, my first thought was 'profile gradient' used in some manner to control the tilt of the 'flood', or maybe an offset to get a skew effect. not sure.

looking forward to seeing the guts on this one!
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

It's kinda tricky honestly. The offset was basically what I planned to use until I realized the technique went out of date because they changed the way offsets work now. So I used scale instead which simplified a lot of the structure and made it run faster, and then of course comes this part where it just becomes this rigid thing that has less control.

Although yes, I'll take a deeper look at the way other filers work. My initial inspiration for the structure came from: http://www.filterforge.com/filters/6396.html

It'll be a while before the final filter is posted. Some of the ugliness lies in the way I constructed the Filter. I basically did it out of a need for the "Flood" filter. And I was thinking "why not do this in FilterForge."
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

well, for tilt issues, i think you could just use the rotate component, but for skew issues you're going to need something else. try an impulse curve for adjusting the "top", "back" of the water downwards. i've used that before in filters like my waterfall filter. in your last image posted, the tilt is off, but i do think the rotate component could handle that.

i do know there is a way to skew something like a profile gradient. you shld be able to do the same with this.

you could also just pre-tweak the original image in photoshop before applying the filter smile;)

at any rate, i look forward to this one. i've used the old flood filter many times and would love to see it, especially as well as you're doing it, within the filter forge library smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

in your last image posted, the tilt is off, but i do think the rotate component could handle that.

No, actually it's the buildings that are skewed. Their foundations coudnl't support their wheight because the ground has become unstable from all the water!
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

No, we live on a curved surface. Therefore everything is skewed.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

BLOCKY!!! Added hard shadows and AO. OH BOY THE RENDER TIMES!

Let's just say it's better off being done with a proper 3D package. Duplicate the bloody cube a gajillion times and hit render with AO and raytraced shadows. haha Oh well.

Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

smile:cry:

But honestly, how did you do those hard shadows?
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I used the hardshadows script smile;)

http://www.filterforge.com/filters/9464.html
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

i meant skewed front to back. it's very easy to get this with the back of the flood being way too high depending on the picture.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Well, I kinda solved the problem with the perspective skewing already. I figured I should just lower values and use the "percentile" on the scale slider. And yeah smile:p the "front and back" rotation is probably the hardest to make it look right. I just have so much trouble working with it I just went with scale. But so far the percentile slider on scale works best. Just happens to work like a charm.

The rotation would be good for alignment purposes (although may be unnecessary in a way since... well put it this way, it may slow the render down just a tad bit. It'd be faster for people to align the photograph horizontally manually in Photoshop.)
  Details E-Mail

<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ...  21 >>

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,324 Registered Users
+8 new last day!

120,851 Posts
+21 new last day!

11,082 Topics
+14 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

5 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter