Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

A place for monsters

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...  11 >>

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Gene S Morgan
Filters: 81
Mardar ... great mask ... You are figuring out my tiki methods ... That is the whole reason I created all those embossed textures like my Carved Wood Grain ... It is an easy way to fake carving ... I really like the twine tied to the mask, a nice touch ... He does look a bit like Alfred E Neuman to me though, if you know who that is ..... "What, me worry?"

Ghislaine ... Your sad alien looks kinda like a cat to me ... an alien cat of course ... Nice ears on the shinny guy. He kinda reminds me of a statue I have seen somewhere but I can't quite remember where ... Maybe a little Art Nouveau??? Nice work.

This guy is a bit of a change from what I have been doing. It started as a cute little kid, but I got carried away with the over paint in Painter software (I like the texture brushes) and the guy started looking more like a zombie .....

Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
I forgot That last one used a Ghislaine background ... can you figure out which one?
  Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Filters: 55
Ghislaine, your little alien is very cute, but he needs a hug to cheer him up. smile;) Your second guy is very good. His mouth is perfect and his ear is great too. I like the color material you used too. It looks like a sheet of silver. Great job. smile:love:

Gene, you are right my mask does look like Old Alfred E. lol
Love your Zombie child. I guess Zombies start out as kids just like the rest of us. smile:D He has a great expression and his mouth and face shape are great. Another super job on the painting. That's another weakness I have, painting. But I will keep working on it. smile;)

Don't know which filter of Ghislaine's you used, but it looks great. My guess is Cosmic clouds. smile:?:
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Filters: 108
Hello ! I love to work with this kind of material, silver, cooper, gold stuff...
Thanks Gene and Mardar. Next time, I will try to work on teeth and better ears. I like to use profile for faces. I think that it is Cosmic Clouds filter. smile;)

Gene, your guy is a zombie. I went to Haïti and saw zombies images, and it is like yours but with brown color. Your zombie is well done and he has nice teeth. I'm jalous LOL smile:)

Have a nice Sunday ! Here it is 20 degrees. And I go out for shopping with a friend.
  Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
The backgroung is a mutilayer mix of GF Design Creator (several blends) with a couple of shots of my Digital Impressionism filter and a little grunge frame added. Sorry Ghislaine, it got to almost 80 degrees here in the Midwest today.
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Gene, 20 degrees celcius here it is close to 68 degrees F. For wesnesday, 77 F. That is good because usually, we are in winter until april with snow. But no more snow, just the sun and beautiful weather. I'm glad. I saw on TV that in Los Angeles they have snow today.

This guy eat to much, he has to cut the fat or need exercice LOL. Sorry, I had no time for make him more beautiful because I'm in a spring clean up for the house. smile:D

Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Ghislaine ... Sorry I forgot you came from a country using celcius ... 20 degrees is not near so depressing when it is celcius ... We are having a really early spring as well, but it still does not get me in the mood for cleaning .... You are getting nice expression in your faces ... He looks like the kid who's teacher just asked him a question in class that he does not know the answer too. Just a little movement of the eyes are so expressive. Do you think he spends too much time on the computer drinking caffeine and eating cheesey poofs?
  Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Oh, yea, here is a simple little guy that looks like glazed ceramic because I started with a very shiny material before adding texture ....

Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Ghislaine ... I forgot, I also really like the purple velvet background on your chubby little guy ...
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

You are very good, I thought to call him "Surprise man". And also good in what you said. by saying : " He looks like the kid who's teacher just asked him a question in class that he does not know the answer too. Just a little movement of the eyes are so expressive. Do you think he spends too much time on the computer drinking caffeine and eating cheesey poofs? "

I think that it is me who spend too much time on the pc drinkking caffe... when I'm not busy to clean the house smile:)

Lovely your guy, but I think that he must be tired because he get bags under his eyes smile:D

Please, remind me how we add a texture on a guy like this, because I forgot. Thanks in advance.
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Here the bg that you like. I give it to you. smile:)

Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Ghislaine, your little guy is great. He looks like he is a real bust setting on a table. Love his chubby face. I think he did eat to much....just like I always do. smile:D The background is beautiful. Is there a filter in the library that makes this kind of image? If not, there should be. That would be great. smile:love:

Gene, Your guy is awesome as usual. You really have a talent for getting great texture on your sculptures. You get great expressions too. smile;)

Here is my latest try. He is "Goatee Man" LOL I used Genes filters Carved Wood Grain and Colored Dirt. The background is one of my tiles from my Grunge the Paint filter run threw Genes Wood filters and then the mask was run threw the Colored Dirt filter twice. I painted him in my trial version of Painter 12. I just downloaded it and I think I am going to have to buy this program. It really paints so much better than my Paint Shop Pro program. I love the realistic brushes it has.

Here he is with just the painting on him.

Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Ghislaine .... I add texture in Photo Shop. I select just the sculpture and run a filter that has some texture in it. (I use several of my own like Colored Dirt as Mardar used in the image above. Most of my filters have a Hue/Saturation node so you can control the color and intensity of the texture. My filters are designed to be blended with an image, but you could get a similar effect my using other folk's textures in a layer in Photo Shop)Often I will fade back the texture in Photo Shop if it is too strong. I hope that helps and I was clear enough in my explanation. I have been doing this so long I have to stop and think about how I actually get it done ........

Mardar ... Like your Goatee man. Isn't painting fun? It hides the sculpture and makes the image look graphic or cartoony. Great fun ... I have used Painter since it first came out buying a student version on sale and upgraded it through many versions. But, then they started charging so much for upgrade. I'm still using version 6 which is the last update I got.(I use Photo Shop 7 that I bought used. I can't begin to be able to afford any newer version of that software) But it is really fun software .....
  Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Gene I had never tried Painter until I saw you mention it in one of your post here. It really is geared to painting unlike a lot of other programs. I do love to paint, but the other programs I have don't give near the control over the paint like this one. I couldn't get my masks painted to look like the rich colors you do. Usually it just covered up the details even on very low spray. I have a 30 day trial right now. It is expensive, but if I discover as I play with it more that it will do what I want, I think I'll try to get it. They may give me a discount if I wait the entire 30 days. They sometimes do that if they think they are going to lose a sale. smile:D I have gotten some good deals by waiting software sellers out. My e-mail will be full of good deals in about 25 days. LOL smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Mardar, your Goatee Man looks a bit like a dog. This s cute and well done. Love his teeth smile:D I run because he will eat me if I meet him. smile:) the bg is a fabric image of mine, not a filter. But it is a good idea to create this kind of filter. I will try when I'll get time.

This guy here is made from a plane, the first image is the original. You can see another image of this guy with Gene's outline crosshatch in his thread.

I think that he get better ears than the others that I have created.

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Here the same guy with Gene's Colored dirt filter. I love the effetcs this filter gives on my guy.

Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Ghislaine ... I really like the look of your silver guy. You got the face shape boyish and youthful ... very good. I like the ears a lot and the hair really fits the face. I still have lots of trouble with hair sometimes. (Proved by my sculpt this time)The head is quite human looking, one of the best you have done that wasn't meant to be a monster ... I checked out the image on my Crosshatch filter thread ... Boy it changes everything dosen't it. I like the kinda copper look.

Mardar ... About Painter .... There are a couple of things I do when I try to shade and highlight a sculpt ... Using the dodge and burn tools in both Photo Shop and Painter you can do some work, but like all work you must turn the opacity way down and do it gradually. Also what works is to paint either white or black with the opacity down with a gradual bild up. In Painter I usually turn the contrast up and invert the paper grain. Again the opacity must be low and the grain turned up in the brush controls. I build it up a little at a time. I don't always get it right ...

This guy was overpainted in Painter with a little touch-up in Photo Shop. The background is Grunge Grung by Mardar with my Multi Style Carve added to get some texture. I know the hair is terrible. I was trying to paint it on and it got away from me. But, I was to lazy to fix it ... I do produce crappy stuff sometimes ....My wife says it looks like the Quaker Oats Guy.

Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Ghislaine, Love your newest creation. You are getting better at the features and his ears are very much improved. smile;) He has a very nice ethnic look to him and he is very handsome. Great job. smile:love:

Gene You did a great paint job on the face. It really looks like real skin and not just painted on. His mouth is very natural looking. Other than the mop on his head, he is perfect. smile:D Just joking with you. smile;) This is a great example of excellent painting.

Thanks for the tips on painting. I didn't get a new sculpture done tonight because I was playing with the Painter Program instead. Boy it is awesome! Very realistic painting and I haven't even really started to explore everything in it. I use to do some oil painting in my youth and I got carried away making an abstract in the program. Hope you all don't mind me showing it off here instead of a sculpture. It is sort of a monster so I guess it is almost correct for this thread. smile:D

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Mardar is this painting made in 3D Sculptris ??? smile:?:

I have just seen that this thread has 2069 VIEWS !! smile8)
  Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Hey SpaceRay. No this painting was done in Corel Painter 12. I am trying out the software and came up with this abstract. I like that this program gives texture and depth with the brushes just like real paint. My paint looks like it is about a half inch thick in places on the canvas above. Very realistic. smile;)

I have just seen that this thread has 2069 VIEWS !

It seems we have a lot of people watching us. LOL I wish more would post with us. We are having a great time over here. I promise we don't bite....not hard anyway. smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Other than the mop on his head... The mop makes me laught LOL I need it for my floors smile:) Just joking with you Gene. Your guy seems to do not like his mop on the head...

Mardar, Hope you all don't mind me showing it off here instead of a sculpture. It is sort of a monster so I guess it is almost correct for this thread. Well, it does not matter what you post here because it is the place for laught, for having fun and be enjoy. So with sculptris or with painter, no problem, the most important in this thread it is to have fun. And I love your painting, the mix of the colors you used and the "relief" it gives. I would like one for my living room.
You must keep this nice program because you have created a wonder with it.

He has a very nice ethnic look to him. That is what I thought too. thanks for your appreciation.

It seems we have a lot of people watching us. LOL I wish more would post with us. We are having a great time over here. Yes you are right Mardar. Come here guys and express yourself with funny images. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
The mophead guy made the mistake of buying his toupee on line.

Ghislaine ... Yes the guy does look a little uncomfortable with his mop head. I bet the mop you use looks better than that ugly thing.

Mardar ... One thing I forgot to mention on my surface texturing is that I mostly use dry brushes like chalk and charcoal. You get softer surfaces that way. Too bad I couldn't get the natural look on the hair. Your Painter abstract is cool. It looks like newer versions of Painter have some nice shiny looking surfaces. I can see you enjoy using paper textures as much as I do. You can make your own papers with tiled images ... You can use some of FF pattern filters to produce these papers ....
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

This is my new guy... Have a nice weekend smile:)

Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Ghislaine ... I like the look of your guy. He is kinda Aztec looking. The mouth is perfect and the nose is strange and somewhat alien, like an alien Aztec. You really have perfected a style of your own with these flat plane faces. They are fun and strange and decorative. Like it a lot ....

My guy started as a plane as well. I think I got the hair and beard better this time. I shadded and highlighted it in Painter using unusual paper textures instead of trying to produce realistic skin like papers. His headband was done by using Mardar's Peace and Love filter and making my own paper with it and applying it with a texture brush.

Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Ghislaine I agree with Gene that your guy is very ancient Aztec looking. I also agree you are finding your own style. You just keep improving with every mask you make. His expression is very well done this time and his mouth is spot on. I also like the head adornment you did, very good framing of his face. Super job. smile;)

Gene love all the variety of textures on your guy. The beard and hair are very good wood. Almost looks real. smile;) Love the color you chose for his face too. His ears are fantastic. I'm still struggling with making them, but I'm not giving up. smile:D Your guy is very well done, and inspires me to keep working on my sculptures.

I'm glad you are enjoying my Peace and Love filter. When I made it I didn't think it would be used by anyone but myself and maybe a few crafters. But you have shown me many ways I never thought it could be used. Isn't it nice to share new ideas with others and learn new things from each other? smile8)

Thanks Gene and Ghislaine for sharing.

I'm off to make a new project to post later tonight. smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Okay here is my latest. This is a Chinese Warrior. I tried once before to do this sort of clay figure, but it turned into something else. LOL But I think I did better this time. I used Genes Carved Wood Grain filter with the pixels set really small to give it a baked clay look. Then I used Sphinx's Bamboo filter for the background. I added a symbol to add to the Asian flavor and there it is.

Then I took the same bust over to Painter 12 and used it as a sort of sketch to make a more realistic painting. He looks completely different this time. More human and less aggressive. I also turned his head garb into hair on this second one.

Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Mardar .... Really good work. The first one looks just like old clay. Nice intense face with those high cheekbones and raised brow. You are right, the painted one softens the scaryness. Very good painting. You showed me how hair should be done, keep it simple but strong. The hairline is very convincng and one of my favorite parts of the image. It is pretty amazing that one sculpt can produce two very different images, each equally good.
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Wow Gene and Mardar ! You have created wonders | Love it very much. Backgrounds and textures... so nice smile:) I'm jalous smile:)

Sorry I was off for few days because I have received on my foot a little furniture when I was cleaning my office. And I had to stop everything (clean up, pc, my work, etc). I have to finish my office clean up before returning on my pc. I will come back with other monsters or Aztec, I really do not know because I star with something and do not know what this will give. This topic is very interesting, we never know what we will find. Each of us has found his own style. And all styles are good and different. Very funny and inspiring to see your works. smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Thank you Gene and Ghislaine for your very kind words. smile:love:

Gene, hair is hard to master in painting, but I always think of my paintbrush as a comb. You have to comb the hair into place as if you are styling the hair on your head. You start at the root and comb it outward. Simple and strong is the way to go. smile;)

Ghislaine you work too much girlfriend. LOL Just kidding. Hope you get your place cleaned up soon and you don't over due it. It's been busy at my job too, so I haven't had the energy to do much playing either. I have two night shifts this week and those always ware me out. No time for art tonight, but maybe tomorrow. smile:love:
  Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Ladies ... Have I ever mentioned that I'm retired .... Talking of offices and working nights depresses me .... Sorry, I'm so mean to rub it in ... But it is the only good thing about being very old ....

Ghislaine .. Thanks for the encouragement, sorry you have been too busy to have fun. Gotta fix that ... Mardar ... I do have some trouble with hair. It may be because I'm a bit follicle impaired and don't understand combing and such ... Thanks for the hints. I'll keep trying ....

I don't know what this guy is all about .... My main goal was to get a Chinese red lacquer look ......

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Here an attempt for a Chinese Man. I used as bg your outline crosshatch filter. I think that my chinese man looks better chinese than yours. (Ha ha ! smile:) ) But Mardar is better than us for chinese people. smile:D

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Here the same guy original with one of my filter as bg smile:)

Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Ghislaine ... I know, my guy is not very Chinese. That is why he looks so surprised. Someone just told him he is adopted ... Your guy is more Chinese than mine for sure. The mouth, mustache, and beard are just perfect. Makes him look old and wise .... maybe Confusus? OK, I don't have a clue how to spell that. English is my first language, but I'm not very good at it either ....
  Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

Filters: 75
Lots of great stuff from you all, they are getting better and better smile:) time has been stolen from me, will contribute soon smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Gene love your latest red guy. I love Chinese lacquered wood. It is such a rich deep color, and red is my favorite color. I also like his head shape and his follicle impaired dome is very sexy. LOL Great job! smile;)

Ghislaine love your little Chinese man. He has a great expression. He has great almond shaped eyes and his face hair is great. Great job Lady! smile:love:

Hi Carl. Hope you get some time to play with us soon. I have missed you posting. smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Gene S Morgan
Mardar ... The shape of the head on my lacquered guy is what I call a log. I have made several of this type shape as a starting point for heads. I used them a lot for my tikis.

This guy is closer to a real monster than I have been doing. But, I think he is also pretty funny. I don't know what he is or where he came from, but I know he is not from around here. I liked the blue color and used my Color Texture Emboss filter to roughen him up even more ......

Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

LOL Gene your guy is wonderful. He made me laugh out loud. smile:D Love those ears and his teeth are great! And those eyes...Perfect. His is so very,very fun. Great job. smile:love:

I found out today I don't have to do a night shift tomorrow. smile:ff: I just do my regular shift. Unlike SOME people around here that are retired. LOL (Just ribbing you Gene) smile:D So I had time to play tonight.

So here is my Jester. He's not my favorite. I don't like the way his face is shaped. His features are not bad, but I know I can do better. Not on my game tonight. I do like his wooly hat. smile:D

Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Forgot to add I used Gene's Crosshatch filter on the background. Love the graphic look it gives to flat tiles. smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Wow ! Gene and Mardar, Bravo ! Love the blue E.T. from nowhere. Love also the Lady Jester. The scarf and everything in her face... all perfect and well done. Same thing for your E.T. Gene ! smile:) How to reach this perfection ? I will have to force me next time. You put the high level my friends. It is difficult to beat your wonders. smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
Mardar, your last one looks like a cross between Pippi Longstockings and a court jester smile:)
Gene, I like your blue moster. He looks more scared of us than we are of him smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Here Miss Carabean with Mardar flower shower filter.

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Same Lady with Gene's outline crosshatch filter for a different look. smile;)

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Mister Rabbit without teeth (because I forgot to add his teeth LOL) smile:D

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

OK here Rabbit with his teeth smile:)

Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Ghislaine Love your Caribbean Lady. Her hair is very natural and appropriate for an island lady. I can almost hear her singing an island song. smile:D Great job. Your bunny is perfect. He looks like the March hare from Alice in wonderland. All he needs is a waist coat and a big pocket watch. smile:D Very good job on him. He makes me smile.

I was getting too serious with my last two entries here, so I did a quick and fun mask this time. Don't know his name, but he was fun to make.

Details E-Mail

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...  11 >>

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,464 Registered Users
+10 new last day!

121,320 Posts
+8 new last day!

11,151 Topics
+10 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

12 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter