Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

Grill texture map

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
joel06
Hi, how do make the holes transparent on this map?
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/1190.html

i am using 3DS max 9

Details E-Mail
jffe
Filters: 90
Render it as a .tif, or .png and it should retain the transparency layer info (for .png you just check the box that says *Include Transparency, and I imagine the same for a .tif). I am not aware of other exporting formats in FF that preserve the transparent parts.

jffe
Filter Forger
  Details E-Mail
Crapadilla
lvl 52 Filter Weaver and Official "Filter Forge Seer"

Filters: 59
joel06 wrote:
Hi, how do make the holes transparent on this map?

You could also go to 'Filter > Render Maps' and render out the 'Alpha Map'. In case you're getting a completely opaque alpha on this 'Alpha Map', go to 'File > New Image', click the 'Fill Color' swatch and set the alpha slider to zero.
--- Crapadilla says: "Damn you, stupid redundant feature requests!" ;)
  Details E-Mail
infiniview
digital artist

Filters: 13
I have found that getting the result window to show a trans background requires the presence of a image module to be plugged in somewhere in your input path which then replaces the automatic image that gets placed there. You may not even need an image in your result but for whatever reason having the image module plugged in will give you the transparent background
in the result window.

Sometimes I just connect the image module into the second input of a switch while leaving
the first input as its original connection. Then dont even bother putting a control on your switch, the mere presence of the plugged in image model will give the result.

That is what I learned to do thru trial and error, you can try it if you have any trouble with the above solutions. smile:)
at least 90 percent of all sensation is texture, even beyond the visual, with elements of noise, tone, gradients, interval and degree.
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

16,810 Registered Users
+8 new last day!

118,861 Posts
+13 new last day!

10,826 Topics
+12 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

5 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter