Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

Filter Download with Trial Version

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
RennyR
Hello,
I'm 2 days into my trial version and I'm stymied. I'm using Photoshop CS5-64. I've been trying to do the watercolor tutorial. I find the watercolor filter on the website and click on the download button. I had to browse for my Photoshop executable the first time.

After I download the filter, where does it go? When I open FF (Filters > FF), I do NOT see the watercolor filter. (I used the search box as well).
Am I missing a step?

I'd like to try everything out before I decide to buy...and which package.

(I found a similar discussion in the forum fr om 2008, but the OP didn't seem to have a problem after he clicked the filter's grey download button...and that's wh ere my problem begins...)

Thanks,
Renny
  Details E-Mail
RennyR
Please,
Can anybody clarify step 3 of the watercolor tutorial?

I've followed it exactly, but the watercolor filter is nowhere to be found.

Thanks,
Renny
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
You are 100% right to try everything before you buy.

You can first open Filter Forge (via the Filters menu in Photoshop), then switch to your browser, go to the filter page – http://www.filterforge.com/filters/7227.html – and click the 'Open in Filter Forge' button. The filter will download to your computer and will be applied to the currently open image.

Feel free to port questions if something is not clear.
  Details E-Mail
RennyR
Thank you, GMM.

I understood the instructions exactly as you have written them in your response...however, though I have tried it several times, it does not work.

After I went to http://www.filterforge.com/filters/7227.html and clicked on the "Open in Filter Forge" button, a pop-up asked me what program I was using. I browsed to the Adobe/Photoshop CS5 64bit folder and clicked on the PS.exe file. I think that the (watercolor) filter should know where its wanted...but, nevertheless, it is NOT showing up!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
RennyR
  Details E-Mail
RennyR
In fact, GMM, I can't get ANY FF filter fr om the FF website to open in FF.

Here's what I'm doing:

1. I open a test image in photoshop.

2. I decrease the image size to less than 1000 x 1000 px to increase speed for the purposes of this test.

3. I select Filter > Filter Forge > FF2 > Trial to open the FF window. I can see my image in the right pane and the FF controls above the image and in the left-hand pane. I have selected the "Photo Filters" group so that my image remains clear.

4. I go to http://www.filterforge.com/filters/ and find a filer that I like.

5. I click the "Open this filter in Filter Forge" button.

6. I see the "Filter Forge Plugin" dialogue box with: "FF is running - click here to switch."

7. I click to switch.

8. I see the FF window, EXACTLY as I left it, with my photo in the right pane and the exact same options, as I left them, on the left.

Wh ere is the filter I clicked to open? WHAT AM I MISSING?

Thanks,
Renny
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
This is your error:

RennyR wrote:
clicked on the "Open in Filter Forge" button, a pop-up asked me what program I was using. I browsed to the Adobe/Photoshop CS5 64bit folder and clicked on the PS.exe file.

Something that needs to be opened in Filter Forge should be opened in Filter Forge and not Photoshop. Please do the following:

in Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Applications, for the 'filterforge' content type select Filter Forge. Then try to open the Watercolor Painting filter *without* starting Photoshop first.
  Details E-Mail
RennyR
Thanks, GMM, that worked.

Renny
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

16,840 Registered Users
+9 new last day!

118,941 Posts
+8 new last day!

10,841 Topics
+15 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

28 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter