Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

Filter Forge 3.007 WORKS WELL inside Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta !

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
I have just tried Filter Forge 3.007 inside the new Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta and it WORKS well!!

I have to say that I make a quick test with 15 filters and done some few testing with photos, but had no problems yet.

I just went to the plugins folder of Photoshop CS5 64 bit and copied the whole "Filter Forge 3" folder and then pasted it inside the plugin folder of CS6, that´s all.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
Good news. Let's hope the final release won't be any different.
  Details E-Mail
Tauratinzwe
How did you get that to work, SpaceRay? I tried copying the "Filter Forge 3" folder into the plugins folder of PS CS6 and it didn't show up when I opened CS6. Noticed there was no Filters subfolder, so copied the whole filters folder over. That didn't work either.

Do you have any subfolders at all under plugins in your installation? I'm wondering if my version has plugins turned off or something.
  Details E-Mail
Tauratinzwe
Discovered my problem. Somehow I copied into the Bridge plugin folder rather than the photoshop plugin folder. Corrected my mistake and it looks like it's working now.

Thanks for showing how to do this, SpaceRay!
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Tauratinzwe wrote:

Noticed there was no Filters subfolder, so copied the whole filters folder over. That didn't work either.

That is the point was not possible and should have made you wonder WHY there was not a filters folder smile;)

Good you could solve it and install it right, and glad to be of help to do it. Thanks

IMPORTANT ADVICE

Adobe Phtoshop CS6 PLUGIN Folder is EMPTY and DOES NOT HAVE THE FILTERS FOLDER or others Folders as before had in CS5, do not know where are the other filters, but are not there.

It seems that NOW the new PLUGINS folder is ONLY for external plugins made by other companies than Adobe, there is no other specified folders as before

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Anyone else has tried already Filter Forge inside Photoshop CS6 ?

Does it work also without problems for you ?

I think that this could be of help to FF Inc. so be able to solve problems that you could find.

DOES IT WORK WELL ALSO IN MAC ?

Sorry, When I have put the title of this thread I have made an error generalizing, because It works well in the Windows 7 side (at least for me), but what happens on the Apple Mac side? I do not know, so it would be good that some of you with Mac, could tell if it works well or not.
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Filter Forge 3 seems to work correctly in CS6beta under Mac OS.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks for answer GMM, good to know.

Please, anyone else has tried already Filter Forge inside Photoshop CS6 ?

Does it work also without problems for you ?

As no one has the same computer and the same OS configuration, It would be good to know if there could be any problems BEFORE the final release date.
  Details E-Mail
hubbub
The Filter Forge plug-in do not register in my copy of CS6 beta. I have copied the Filter Forge folder into the plug-in folder of Photoshop and it does not register, nor does just the plugin folder from Filter Forge folder work.

It shows up fine in my CS5 version after I've copied it and made the changes in Comodo firewall to allow access.

Any other Suggestions?
  Details E-Mail
coco48
FF3.007 does not register for me either: Windows7, CS6 Beta 64bit. Guess there is more to it than simply putting the FF3 folder in Plug-Ins as previously shown...
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I am sorry hubbub and coco48, that I do not have any other suggestion because I installed Photoshop CS6 beta and then copied the folder I told above and I did not do anything else and it works right, so I do not know what could happen.

Perhaps could help if you give more information about what you have done and what happens when you try to open filter forge inside CS6
  Details E-Mail
LarryAW
I tried a 1,000,000 things to get Filter Forge 3 to work in the released 64bit version of Photoshop CS6 Extended. I made a new Filters folder inside the plug-in folder, and simply copied Filter Forge 3 into that blank Filters folder. Believe it or not, it worked.
  Details E-Mail
Rosa07
Hello. I don't know if this helps FF in anyway but I had no luck to get the FF plug in to work when copying the plugin from Filter Forge stand alone itself into the empty folder of CS6 extended x 64. Although I did have success from copying FF Plug in from CS5.5 into the empty folder of CS6. smile:)

Originally I uninstalled FF and CS5.5(kept a backup of all my preferences etc.)before installing CS6 as I didn't want to have both photoshop programs installed on my computer and when I re installed FF after installing CS6 I assumed that FF would automatically install the plugin into CS6 but that wasn't the case. smile:(

Anyway, I'm just very happy/relieved and excited to say that it does work wonderfully in CS6... so obviously there is a need for a fix when installing FF so that the plugin installs in CS6. smile:)

Thanks guys you all do a fantastic job and I love using all your filters!! I love FF smile:)
  Details E-Mail
DiD
Hello,

I don't know if this will help.
I updated today to Photoshop CS6 fr om PS CS5.5. It isn't the Beta and it works for me.

I had the latest Pro FilterForge 3.0008.
I deactivated my PS CS5,5.
Then I moved to my desk FilterForge.pluginv3 from wh ere it was in Application/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Plug-ins.
I installed PS CS6, activated it, updated it.
I moved FilterForge.pluginv3 from desk to Application/ Adobe Photoshop CS6/Plug-ins with PS CS6 and FF3 closed.

By the way : Mac OS 10.6.8

That is all...
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,315 Registered Users
+8 new last day!

120,827 Posts
+36 new last day!

11,081 Topics
+23 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

Adu, 12 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter