Bookmark and Share

FFCat is out of beta!

<< 1 2 3 >>

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
Suprise!
While most of you thought that FFCat, the tool for organizing your filters with custom folders and keywords is still in Pre-Alpha stages, we've been secretly going up the ranks and got it all the way to beta.
Now, thanks to Saragani's hard work, I'm pleased to announce that FFCat is out of beta stage, and is now a fully functional.

I'm still working on a user manual, so it will be a few more days before you can download the latest version, but I thought you might want to hear the good news. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Congratulations!!! Excellent and very good news smile:)

Is the FFCat like the one on your avatar ?

Could you please upload a photo of the FFCat so I could see how it looks like smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

Filters: 75
cool smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Have you ever heard of Nyan Cat?

It's almost the same smile;)

If the 3:37 minutes version wasn't enought for you, here's a non stop 100 hours version!
If you want HD it's only 10 hours...
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

OOhh! I have not seen this nice and beautiful Nyan cat with that great and lovely tune!! smile;) smile:D And how beautiful this cat is smile;) smile:D

Thanks for putting it. I have fallen in love with it an surely I now know in what to spend 100 hours just watching this video smile:D nothing else is more important than this smile:D

Sorry to tell you but I think the title of the thread could have been better and more inviting and attractive considering that not many people knows what the FFCat is and did not know either that this was in alpha or beta.

I Had in mind the idea of making a new thread when you released the final version with a very good atractive title so many people could know really about your great work done to help customize FF Filters Library.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

not many people knows what the FFCat is

Adds to the mystery smile:D
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Adds to the mystery

Yes smile:D What is this FFcat that is out of beta ? smile:?:

By the way if some software is out of Beta it means that is a RC (Release Candidate) version that is soon to be released, at least this is as I know it, as there is no Gamma or Delta versions of software smile:D

Out of Beta = RC (Release Candidate)
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Hi again everybody!
As I'm finishing the video tutorial and manual for the final release of FFCat, I need you guys to make sure there's nothing else that should be added to the tool.

For more info on the tool and for a download link please take a look at this thread:
http://www.filterforge.com/forum/read...sage104203
NOTE 1: download latest version (last download link)
NOTE 2: latest downloadable version DOES NOT include all features below!
NOTE 3: There's a tutorial that shows you how to use FFCat on YouTube

Here's a summery of what the tool can do now:
* create your own categories (folders)
* add as many filters as you want to a category
* add a filter to multiple categories
* add custom keywords to filter
* rate filters 1 to 5
* search filters by name\author\default keywords\your keywords\description
* arrange order of categories (move up\down)
* rename categories
* delete categories
* remove filter from categories
* delete a filter from the catalog
* sort filters by library ID\author\filter name\rating
* double click filter to open in FF
* see 9 default presets of the filter (Like online library)
* filters in list are thumbnailed
* see presets of your own (offline) filters
* images are cached for faster preview
* drag a filter from your disk into FFCat to add it to the catalog
* drag a folder from your disk into FFCat to add all filters in it to catalog
* see ALL filters
* see ONLY UNCATEGORIZED filters
* see filters in current category

Please leave all comments by monday, that's the estimated release date.
Thanks!
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Morgantao wrote:
Here's a summary of what the tool can do now:

WOW!! This is a great and large list with ALL the useful, interesting and good things that you tool will be able to do, and I think that there is nothing else that I could thing that could be missing to add.

Well, one thing, as the working of the FFcat is based on keyboard shortcuts, would be good to have some kind of button, link or whatever inside the tool to show those needed keyboard shortcuts without having to go to the manual. This could be shown in the way that think better and would be easier and possible with the XML your FFcat is using.

Thakns really very much for all the hard, great and very good work to be able to make this great and awesome toold that will really help very much to use FF in a new and much better way, and much easier too.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I wish you the best for working on the manual and the video for the final release of FFcat that today you will be finishing it.

Please, if you can´t finish it today for any reason, there is no problem if it would take more days, do not feel in a rush or in a hurry to do it to release it monday.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

When you are going to release the final version of the FFCat I would recommend and suggest that you make a NEW clean thread about your tool and give it a good and significative name like for example

FFCat - New tool for custom organizing and managing your FF filters library

FFCat - Tool for Managing and custom folder creation for FF library

You can put the name that you want and wish, this are only some suggestions.

I want that many FF users be able to find this great, interesting, VERY USEFUL, time saving and life saving tool to be able to use in a much better way Filter Forge.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Due to some technical difficulties the manual and video, and therefore the release of FFCat will be delayed a few days. Sorry about that smile:|

I would recommend and suggest that you make a NEW clean thread about your tool

SpaceRay, that's a good suggestion. I shall make it so. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

As I already said before, don´t worry at all if you could not have it ready for today, there is NO problem in waiting some days more, please take all the time you need to do it right and as you can and want.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

SpaceRay wrote:
I would recommend and suggest that you make a NEW clean thread about your tool

Morgantao wrote:
SpaceRay, that's a good suggestion. I shall make it so.

Good thing. I suggest that in the new thread you put this very well done text that I put below so they will know all the many things that you can do with the FFCat.

Morgantao wrote:
Here's a summery of what the tool can do now:
* create your own categories (folders)
* add as many filters as you want to a category
* add a filter to multiple categories
* add custom keywords to filter
* rate filters 1 to 5
* search filters by name\author\default keywords\your keywords\description
* arrange order of categories (move up\down)
* rename categories
* delete categories
* remove filter from categories
* delete a filter from the catalog
* sort filters by library ID\author\filter name\rating
* double click filter to open in FF
* see 9 default presets of the filter (Like online library)
* filters in list are thumbnailed
* see presets of your own (offline) filters
* images are cached for faster preview
* drag a filter from your disk into FFCat to add it to the catalog
* drag a folder from your disk into FFCat to add all filters in it to catalog
* see ALL filters
* see ONLY UNCATEGORIZED filters
* see filters in current category

Please leave all comments by monday, that's the estimated release date.
Thanks!
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Morgantao has said in another thread that probably this will be available before the end of May.

Although I want to say that do not be worried and hurry it up, and make it when you can.
  Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

Filters: 75
looking forward to it smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I hope and wish that there are many more users looking forward to this, as is not like the beta testing that had so low answers, and so the hard work of Morgantao and Saragani and all the time spent on this will be really worth it and will be helpful to many FF users.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

OK, since I'm having some technical issues at the moment, I don't have the video tutorial and the full manual ready, but here's a pre-release of FFCat.

Download it here:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/uxqyu...elease_zip

It's fully functional, just without source code (and it's license), and PDF manual.

-=IMPORTANT=-
Those of you who have earlier versions, here's what you need to do in order to use your existing catalog:
1) Copy Catalog.xml from the old program folder to the new program folder. Alternativly, just extract the new program on top of the old one, replacing the old files.
2) Rename Catalog.xml to Catalog.ffc
3) Run the program
4) Click on any filter
5) Press Ctrl+A to select all filters
6) Press Ctrl+R to reload the filters.

You only need to do this once. If you don't have an existing catalog yet, you don't need to do this at all. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

WOW!! Thanks for uploading the new latest version with all the updates you have done.

I do not mind and is not important for me having now the video tutorial and the PDF manual. You do not need to study engineering to be able to use your great tool

Will test it and see how it works.

Thanks again for all the work done on this to you and also of course to Saragani.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

You do not need to study engineering to be able to...

Americans say "You don't have to be a rocket scientist" smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Saragani
Hi, since some of you used the older versions, then until some version (due to a bug), FFCat was not saving the paths of the ffxml files.
I only discovered and fixed it when I had to implement the "double click on filter to open FilterForge" feature...

Ctrl + R tells FFCat to take any selected filter, go to its file path and read the whole content of the file again.

Since the path might be missing, it might not work.

The best thing to do if you are switching from an older version is:
1) click "Import FFXML files", browse and sel ect the files. When importing an already existing Filters, and unless the version was updated, FFCat will just sync the path. This task is fast since it doesn't need to read the whole content of the file.

2) After it finished importing all the files, click on a filter and then press Ctrl + A to sel ect all filters. Then Ctrl + R to reload all filters.

Ctrl + R reads the whole content of the file and overwrites all the Factory texts (factory description, keywords etc).
Since reading the syncing the factory description, it should fix all the [br] & and other weird texts that you had.
It will also import the "Update Notes" from the files...

Since Ctrl + R read the while content of the file, then this process takes time (just like when importing everything from scratch... But don't worry, you won't loose anything like User Keywords, rating, folders etc... Well, at least you shouldn't smile:D )

You can also import User/Offline filters. When doing so, FFCat will try to find it's Cache files in a near location.

You can also drag and drop files from Windows into FFCat (both ffxml and cache files), so if FFCat didn't find the Cache file for your user filter then you can import it yourself,

Cache files are only useful for User (offline) filters. Online filters (named as Library_Number-Ver.ffxml) will look for the images on the net using the Filter number.

If you have a filter called Library_1234-1.ffxml and it's name inside it is for example "Wind Blaster" and you also imported it's offline version fr om your Hard-Drive (meaning "Wind Blaster.ffxml") then you will have both versions on FFCat.

This is because other than name, FFCat has no way of knowing that those are the same filter, as it see it, one of them is an online filter with ID 1234 and one of them is an offline filter with Name "Wind Blaster").

You can also drag a filter fr om the Filters list into a folder. Since FFCat now supports multi-selection of filters, then you can select several filters and drag then into the same folder.

Other key shortcuts and useful information appears when clicking the "?" at the top left corner of the application.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks for all the information Saragani. It is useful to know this.

I will try to do the conversion and use the new version later.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Thanks for the clarification Saragani smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I like the new icon you have put smile:D

I have copied my old catalog to the new version and works well

BUT I still see the "br" errors in the descriptions and also is not possible yet to double click on a filter and open it in FF.

Details E-Mail
Saragani
Have you re-imported all the filters to the program in order to fix the missing file path?

After doing that, have you selected all filters (With Ctrl + A) and Pressed Ctrl + R?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Saragani wrote:
After doing that, have you selected all filters (With Ctrl + A) and Pressed Ctrl + R?

I have done this

Saragani wrote:
Have you re-imported all the filters to the program in order to fix the missing file path?

It seems that I have done this, and I thought it was done, but now I went again to do it and click on import FFXML files,
click on any filter and then click on open,
then in the bottom left appears the message "Importing Files, 0% complete"
and then after some time it appear a message saying "FFCat has stopped working"

The full error message is this one

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ffcat.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4fb3fdf7
Problem Signature 04: System
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ee9b7da
Problem Signature 07: 15
Problem Signature 08: d
Problem Signature 09: System.AggregateException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3082
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I have attached my FFCatalog old file for you to try for yourself and see if there is something that could be wrong

The attached file had the .ffc extension but I can´t upload it with this extension, so I have changed it to .xml that is allowed to be uploaded to the forum, so please, rename it back to .ffc when you download it.

[ Catalog.xml ]
  Details E-Mail
Saragani
Ok, it sounds like the problem that Morgantao had, which I thought I fixed (it requires a larger version of .net framework 4)

I'm not sure if Morgantao just uploaded the wrong version or I didn't fix it correctly... (I need to test it on a computer that doesn't have Visual Studio installed on it)

I'll test it in a couple of hours and get back to you with an answer.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks very much for the update and answer and for taking the time to look for a solution for this.

Should I update the Network Framework ? I have already version 4.

I have also tried to use the "drag and drop" feature to see if I could import the filters in that way instead with the "Import FFXML files" button, and it works if I drag and drop ONE FILTER, but if I select 10 or ALL it happens the same, it gives me the error message saying "FFCat has stopped working" although in this case the "Importing Files, 0% complete" is 7% instead of 0%
  Details E-Mail
Saragani
No don't install .net framework 4 again. Windows 7 comes with the light version that you have and should be sufficient.
When I get back home, I'll test it on my wife's computer and see if it's actually the problem I'm thinking it is.

Btw, if you use that version on a clean setup (no ffc file, aka start from scratch), does it also crash when you import files?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Saragani wrote:
Btw, if you use that version on a clean setup (no ffc file, aka start from scratch), does it also crash when you import files?

NO, in a clean setup does not crash when importing the filters

I have made a copy of the whole folder and then deleted my own catalog, and then started FFCat as new and click on "Import FFXML files" and very fast loaded all the filters without any error, and then was downloading the thumbnails for the filters.

Now the "br" error in the description has been fixed and does not appear anymore

BUT DOUBLE CLICK TO OPEN A FILTER does not work, if I click or double click over the name or thumbnail of the filter nothing happens.

Very Good thing that in the bottom part in the filter pane information, appears the links to "Go to filters page" and "comment on this filter", as this is very helpful and useful. Thanks.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

It seems double clicking has stopped working for me too....
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

SpaceRay, I have good news and bad news smile:D
Saragani is not home yet, so I tried what I can (not much). If you don't want to lose all the folders you created in FFCat, open it with the old catalog (the one you post here), slect all filters (Ctrl+A) and delete them. It will take a few seconds.
Now you won't have any filters, and you can import the filters from your library.
The downside, you lose all the filters you have in the folders, The upside, you still have your folder structure intact.

In any case, Saragani will probably find a better solution, so keep a copy of your old catalog... Or just download it from here if you need to smile:D
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks very much for trying to find a solution

Morgantao wrote:
The downside, you lose all the filters you have in the folders, The upside, you still have your folder structure intact.

Well, this is NOT really a great problem, as you can see there is ONLY a very few filters assigned to the folders, So if I loose this very few filters I do not care at all and is not a problem.

The only thing I do not want to loose is the folder structure I have already made.

Morgantao wrote:
If you don't want to lose all the folders you created in FFCat, open it with the old catalog (the one you post here), slect all filters (Ctrl+A) and delete them. It will take a few seconds.
Now you won't have any filters, and you can import the filters from your library.

Good suggestion and possible way to fix this.

I will try it.

AS you do not NEED TO INSTALL your FFCat you can have as many copies as you want inside their own folders, so you can have have many different versions and try different things.

So I can make a copy of the folder, and keep the folders but delete all the filter and import them again.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

YES !!! IT WORKED !!!

THANKS VERY MUCH Morgantao for your suggestion to delete all the filters keeping the folders structure and import again all the filters as new.

So, please Saragani, do not bother to see if you could fix it or not, it works now.

Now the "br" error in the descriptions is fixed

What still does not work is the double click to open the filter in FF
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

We already know WHY the double click stopped working, now we just need to figure out a way around it. And by we, I mean Saragani smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Saragani
Hi, here is the fixed version.
It fixes the crashes with the old catalog (because the file path was empty)
It fixes the Double Click issues.

Also added a total filters count as suggested.

Link:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/QlV...c0kwTWRVag
  Details E-Mail
Saragani
another mirror:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/64rtx.../FFCat_rar
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks very much for the fast fix and for solving the problems, AND also for adding the total filter count smile:)

Will try it and see how it works
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

YES !!! THANKS VERY MUCH!!

Now Everything works very well !

I have copied the catalog and the cache and it works all right

It open the filters in FF lighting fast!!!

AND a very GOOD and excelent thing, now you can drag and drop the filter to the folders !!!!!

One thing, Where is the total of filters count ?

THANKS REALLY VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE WORK

THANKS REALLY VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE WORK smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Saragani
Don't you see it near "All Filters", something like "All Filters (8743)"?
  Details E-Mail
Saragani
hi, my bad...

I've uploaded a rar, but the latest version was compressed to Zip

here is the latest version:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/71wy5.../FFCat_rar
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Sorry, I can ONLY see the filter count if I make a search, then it appears

Search Results (17)

But on All Filter or Uncategorized there is no count

I have selected all the filters and have hit CTLR R to update all the list but is still the same

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

YES!! On the latest version that you have uploaded IT WORKS RIGHT

Now I can see the count after ALL FILTERS and when making a search.

GREAT!!!

THANKS VERY MUCH AGAIN

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
wait, this thing works outside of FF? it's a stand-alone?
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Kraellin wrote
wait, this thing works outside of FF? it's a stand-alone?

YES!!! This works outside very well of FF. It is not depending on FF to work and has NO direct relation to the FF software. It works standalone. It´s only connected to the FF website and only connected to FF software to open the filters.

I wanted to upload the new version of the catalog BUT it now has 650k so I am sorry that is not possible, BUT if you want to have the folders organization you can use the catalog file I have upload above

Here is my customized version

Details E-Mail

<< 1 2 3 >>

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,467 Registered Users
+6 new last day!

121,334 Posts
+21 new last day!

11,154 Topics
+12 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

5 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter