Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

Beta Gallery

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Feel free to post your works made with the new beta here.
  Details E-Mail
infiniview
digital artist

Filters: 13
Here are a few images I made with bomber's new image mixing.

at least 90 percent of all sensation is texture, even beyond the visual, with elements of noise, tone, gradients, interval and degree.
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 73
I had made this filter in V2, but now I can add another image to use as a reflection, which is neat.

"Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

How about my water caustics filter? smile:)
(the sand is actually generated in FF, but I pre-rendered it and loaded it as an image, so yes, this filter uses multiple images)

Details E-Mail
lolahiroshima
Hey Infiniview, I'm just wondering if you could give some details as to how you made those images, they look really cool!
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 65
Using some new features to generate a Large/Small tiling using images. I threw in several of my pattern renders into the source.

Details E-Mail
infiniview
digital artist

Thank you, and sure.

I made a generalized image bomber filter. Meaning that I made it with lots of controls for doing a varity of effects for experimentation. a couple of the images are just straight mix of other images and textures I had already made. And others were the same thing but also utilizing a background image. One of the real cool things you can do with the BG image is use the Particle Mode to change visibility in various respects similar to layer adjustments in photoshop. In certain modes your affects will mostly be seen in certain areas. But I basically just made them trying a bunch of different slider combinations. Here is a screen shot of the filter construction.
at least 90 percent of all sensation is texture, even beyond the visual, with elements of noise, tone, gradients, interval and degree.
  Details E-Mail
infiniview
digital artist

here are a few more. smile:)

This image is an all green leaf type texture before FF. Then just using a number of colorful textures plugged into the color controls and messed with until it looked more natural.

This one I did after the leaf I think I used a light stone texture bg leaving some of the colorul elements and adding some other differing stone textures into color inputs.

This bg image is the structure that you can see but it was just BW greyscale before.

Then the daisy is of course one of the new installed images again using particle mode it blocked out certain elements on areas that were too light in color like the white and to a lesser degree to the yello and green yet applied the elements to the bug
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Filters: 38
12 Stops HDR combiner (w. adaptive contrast and saturation). Source images can be found here: http://kirkt.smugmug.com/Photography/...5088_nakmt

Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Sphinx. wrote:
12 Stops HDR combiner (w. adaptive contrast and saturation).

You just made my day.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Uhh... stacking modes?? I'm trying simple object removal via multiple exposures. So this one has 5 slots. More = the better.

Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Skybase, would you mind sharing the photos? It is an interesting challenge..
Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Yup, absolutely! smile:) They're in a gallery, you can save the images by clicking on the thumbnails and at the bottom of the slideshow thing there's a save button.

Stacking source images

I mean some of the methods for stacking already exist to "remove" objects anyway. For example, you have median stacking in Photoshop. Though I'm curious as to how you would do that in FilterForge. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Alright Skybase.. first attempt ready. I used the first 8 images.

Strategy: sel ect sample with least difference fr om average of all 8 inputs..

Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Max difference smile:D

Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
inujima

Filters: 23
Because sorting is necessary, it is difficult to make a percentile filter without using a script. smile:|

Details E-Mail
StevieJ
Designer/Artist

Filters: 163
Hey Infiniview, I'm really liking this sample... smile8)

Steve

"Buzzards gotta eat...same as worms..." - Clint :)
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Second attempt at object removal merging with Skybases imagestack.

The algorithm is somewhat complex and uses multiple steps.

1. calculate combined average: (src1 + src2 + srcN) / num_sources, use as reference
2. calculate table with differences btwn each source and reference
3. sort diff table
4. pick second lowest difference entry as new reference
5. in 3 passes sum the three lowest entries, each contributing sample is scaled by its inverse difference from last pass
6. pick second lowest difference entry from 3 pass result as final result

step 5 and 6 are quite hard to explain smile;) You might wonder why I use the second lowest difference entry. Since the original reference is an average of all images, the lowest difference result seem to contain too much bleeding from each image. The second lowest difference entry looks much better.

Here is the result (8 images used)

Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Here is the initial simple average result I use as temporary reference in first "pass" (step 1,2 and 3)

Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Here is the new intermediate reference used from step 4 and onwards. It is a composite of the samples with the second lowest difference from the initial average. The reference is replaced by a weighted sum in each pass in step 5

Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

For comparison, here is the entries with least difference from simple average. Compared with previous image, you can clearly see more "ghosting" here. The second lowest diff. entries don't contain as much ghosting. Entries with even higher difference are no good, as they start introducing noise and parts of moving objects (see the second image I posted the other day - max. diff).

Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
James
James
Filters: 25
Seems like a great filter, how are you making it with lua scripting?
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Hmm.. I'm trying to post the script here, but the forum gives me the following error: "Message text.". smile:-D I wonder what that means..

Yes, it is a script. I'll attach it instead (please note that I intend to publish it when we are allowed to publish FF3 filters).

Simply leave unused source inputs transparent - then the script will ignore them.
Passes ( > 1 ) and Ghosting Removal only starts to have an effect with a large source set (above 6-8 depending on actual source set).

Stack Merge.ffxml
Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
James
James
Filters: 25
Cool, thanks Sphinx this works great.

There can be artifacts that you don't notice much but i guess it depends on the source images and the amount used also. Generally though this seems to be a great technique and has good results, nice work. smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Thanks smile:) I have an idea for another approach which could give much better result with fewer sources.. but there are some loose ends in the concept yet I have to solve.

Basically the idea is to exclude samples with changing data and only use the ones with consistency, but it is easier said than done smile;) With Skybases image set I noticed that some of the problem areas (under the bridge) are changing a lot, but a few images actually contain the correct information. The initial simple average reference I use can't take that into account... I need to figure out how to pick the two images with consistency and exclude the inconsistent (changing) ones..
Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
beekeeper
beekeeper
Filters: 5
Thanks Sphinx for an advance preview of this filter. smile:D I was more than impressed by how few artifacts were left post processing.
  Details E-Mail
meyendlesss
???????????

Filters: 32
Nice stuff so far.
I haven't been around in a while, and didn't even know 3.0beta was out.
Got it downloaded and will post some stuff here later.
  Details E-Mail
inujima

Filters: 23
Sprites on the Curve

I want Gradients Control component.

Details E-Mail
betatester65
I have done a Bandpass sharpen / blur together with highpass sharpen together with color contrast changes that cause not so easy overexpose, so all most important steps in a image can do in 1 plugin.my beta filterforge time is over, no faster beta is see, here is a example what can do.next post i upload the filter, maybe it is usefull for somebody, or he can speed it up.currently its very slow.here is a demo pic

Details E-Mail
betatester65
a more drastic change of settings

Details E-Mail
betatester65
here is the filter forge beta ffxml file.please post me a note, if somebody can enhance this

detail modifier2.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

C'mon, where is everyone? We had a ton more posts in the beta 2 gallery...

Here's a silly one using the new color control and edge detector components.

Details E-Mail
StevieJ
Designer/Artist

Like that one alot, Indigo... smile8) Is that a posted filter??? smile:devil:
Steve

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 215
Indigo Ray wrote:
C'mon, where is everyone? We had a ton more posts in the beta 2 gallery...

Here's a silly one using the new color control and edge detector components.

Very cool Indigo..Like that one... smile:)
I know... smile:| Seems there was a new page in that thread every other day if not everyday..Everyone taken a break or just the usual internet thing and hang out here for a while then eventually go to another place altogether... smile:bunny: smile:|
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
BenBeckwith
Filters: 8
I'm using 3 all the time now and have been lurking around. It's all been for work though, and don't show off any new features.

I think the biggest problem is that so far, the betas have mostly been workflow improvements rather than new creative tools. I'm not complaining, I'm loving all the new additions, there's just not much in these betas that I can't accomplish in FF2 so far. I hope the next beta release has some new toys smile:p
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

New version of Dabber uses Edge Detector smile:)
Also introduces some more parameters.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I removed some nodes too for speed improvement. It does look higher quality, but turns out slightly slower than its original (probably edge detector)

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Very nice Skybase. smile:)
Since the curve editor is now a feature I have added it to one filter that I had for a long while now..This was actually many different fiters with different shapes but now its up to the user to control the shape....

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Then one more.. smile:) All in one filter now.. smile:hammer: smile:loveff:

Details E-Mail
StevieJ
Designer/Artist

Chuck, you just gave me a brilliant idea!!! *as StevieJ bolts to his lab* Just keep the coffee coming!!! smile;) smile:D

... smile:devil:
Steve

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

The Coffees still brewing Stevie.. smile;) smile:)

Another image from the filter above... smile;)

Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Collage Synthesizer .. Main source input is used to sel ect best matching areas fr om six additional image inputs. No original main source input samples are used.

Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

One more, using the build in preview images..

Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Sphinx wrote:
Collage Synthesizer .. Main source input is used to sel ect best matching areas fr om six additional image inputs.

WOW!!! this is really beautiful and very creative and great use for multiple images source. Great !! Looks lovely and it could have a great potential. Very well done.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Sphinx. wrote:
Collage Synthesizer .

Like that one Sphinx smile:) smile8)
  Details E-Mail

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

16,844 Registered Users
+32 new in 7 days!

118,955 Posts
+20 new last day!

10,844 Topics
+5 new last day!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

10 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter