jffe
Filters: 90
Autopsy by Ipsissimus
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/5082.html

Filter Forger
  Details E-Mail
jffe
The *edges* (of the part that sticks up, the veined lighter parts etc.) look off, but otherwise it looks real cool, and there's tons of stuff like this, so that is still a compliment. smile:)

jffe
Filter Forger
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
ah! breakfast bits! looks good smile;)
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Ipsissimus
Filters: 10
jffe : You're right, I'm not really satisfied with the edges, I've tried some workarounds, but all of them have drawbacks. Finally this one gives the best results so far. I'll try to fix that anyway when the inspiration will come again smile:D .
  Details E-Mail
jffe
I messed with it for a few minutes and got the dark edges thinned down by 1/3 or so, but no easy way to get rid of them better seems to come to mind. Maybe using a level component, or another blur in there somewhere after the top cells component might smooth it out a bit. It looks pretty cool regardless though. smile:)

jffe
Filter Forger
  Details E-Mail
Ipsissimus
I've take that as a challenge smile:D ... but finally I've found a way to get rid of the black edges. It was not that easy as the problem came from several parts of the filter. I had a reflection map which was darker on the border ... and removing it was a good step in the right direction. After that, the was I was applying the 'sickness' factor was wrong, it's a bit more complex now, but it was necessary.

I've also added some new presets.

The filter has been sent for update... Don't hesitate to comment it, there is always room for improvement ...
  Details E-Mail
Miavir
The Cat who walks through Worlds

Filters: 18
Ipsissimus wrote:
've take that as a challenge Big grin ... but finally I've found a way to get rid of the black edges.

Hmm, you've removed the black edge all right,... but it looked more, umm 'nicely' gruesome before, the veins in particular smile;). At least for the main preset, did you change anything there ? If possible, you may want to put in something to get the old look back smile:)
In ancient Egypt, Cats used to be revered as Gods.
Cats have never forgotten this.
And rightly so.
  Details E-Mail
StevieJ
Designer/Artist

Filters: 163
Pretty cool looking!!! smile8)
Steve

"Buzzards gotta eat...same as worms..." - Clint :)
  Details E-Mail
Ipsissimus
Yes, indeed, I've changed that a bit also, but it was part of the black edges problem. You can boost a bit the 'sickness' component, so the veins will be more creepy ... i've put it to 80/90% but default to avoid the 'too much' effect smile:)

The think is that the veins are more present on the top part and before they were more present in the bottom part. I'll try to find a way to be able to choose between the two through a control.

I think also that the contrast between the 'flesh' and the veins is less strong than before ... Mmmmh ...

> Steviej : Thank you smile:D
  Details E-Mail
jffe
Miavir wrote:
but it looked more, umm 'nicely' gruesome before, the veins in particular

Miavir wrote:
If possible, you may want to put in something to get the old look back

----I feel really *picky* saying it, but I agree. If you could find an inbetween of the 2, the original and the update, or put a slider control to morph between those 2 sets of internal settings, that would probably be better. As the 1st version had a nicer/sharper look to it, it just had the pesky visible black line edges, but it's lost a little something along the way to V2. Just an idea. smile:)

jffe
Filter Forger
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
have a look at this one. it might give you some ideas: http://www.filterforge.com/filters/1400.html
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
jffe
Kraellin wrote:
have a look at this one. it might give you some ideas:

----I dunno, the *edges* on that one are just white on a white-ish background so tougher to see sometimes, but they are still there and as big or bigger than the black edges on the 1st version of this filter. In my opinion, a look between this version and the first version would probably be best, with myabe a control or two, to blend between them. The original had more of it's own look really, and I'd just hate to think we convinced someone to make it a bit worse in a way is all. smile:)

jffe
Filter Forger
  Details E-Mail
Ipsissimus
Ok, I think I've finally made it right ... the third version is now very similar to the first one, without the ugly black border ... You can play with the sickness parameter to go between the really creepy effect to a less contrasted but more realistic look.

Give me your opinion when the new one will be on line ... smile:D

By the way ... here are all versions from the oldest to the newest.

Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,427 Registered Users
+29 new in 7 days!

121,247 Posts
+11 new last day!

11,139 Topics
+10 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

17 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter