Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

Dear FF team

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
voldemort
voldemort
Filters: 640
Occasionally I try to install FF in the latest build of wine, with the hope it will run.

Got to thinking would you all even be interested in?
1. the bug reports
2. the wine build I used
3. the wine conf so you could see the overides I used

As it stands with 1.37 build
error
<class XFW::OSCallError> ::GetScrollInfo failed
lets all whine for a wine port
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Thanks for your offer, but I'm afraid we won't have time to look into this soon. I can suggest you use Parallels instead of Wine.
  Details E-Mail
voldemort
voldemort
I figured you would have your hands full right now if not allways just thought I would offer
Thanks for the reply
and I allready use vmware

If I ever do succeed in figuring out a method that works I will let you all know
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Filters: 2
I actually tried to get Filter Forge 2 to run through Wine but no go. smile:cry: smile:)
Are there any other options to run my expensive Filter Forge software on Linux?
Rod
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
The first time I read it I thought that it was a joke and that voldemort wanted to get FF drunk using wine (the one that comes in a bottle) smile:D

After the answer of GMM I knew it must be some kind of emulator and is true you can see it here www.winehq.org
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Filters: 2
Yes it is nice to have when on a Linux system and you need to run your Windows executable files.However it will not run Filter Forge 2 nor will it run my Xara software. *sigh*

I have a YLMF Linux system set up on my USB drive.Very portable and very nice.
http://www.ylmf.org/en/index.html

Wine is also upgradeable through the Linux synaptic packages i believe.I have the latest upgrade already.

So looks like i am going to have to keep using a side by side install of both Windows and Linux. smile:D
Rod
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
While on the subject, I was wondering if FF could run on a vmware virtual machine.
I have a friend that works at a server farm, and all the computers run vmware virtual machines so each client sees his own system.
Would it be possible for him to use FF under a vmware virtual machine running Windows?
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 220
Morgantao Wrote..
While on the subject, I was wondering if FF could run on a vmware virtual machine.

Yep it should...If you are running windows on that machine..Osx running in a Vm FF might not run so good...I ran it using XP...Ran rather slow thou...But it depends on the actual hardware you are running your virtual machine on......
I tried Wine back during the FF1 days but could not get FF to run at all...
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
voldemort
voldemort
Yes FF will run in a virtual machine
vmware
parallels
virtual box
etc
The virtualized operating system will not know the difference --there will be a performance degradation though

as far as wine goes I never did follow up to this

It is possible to actually get FF to work with wine but you would have to violate microsoft licensing by copying native dll's from windows --runs very well on linux port of wine for some reason exact same build of wine ff blows up on a mac

You can get FF to work with wine without copying those dll's but it will quickly create a memory leak in my experiences

Since I do keep 1 windows box around in my house for reference purposes I simply rdp to that box using Cendio's seamless rdp so that Im exporting only the app not a full desktop
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Image smile:D

I did not understand this joke until I have seen this thread smile:D

Because I thought that it was real wine, and really it is offereing changing Windows to Linux smile:D

And Also I have found this funny photo

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

And also this one here

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/0...ld-tested/

Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,535 Registered Users
+11 new last day!

121,576 Posts
+73 new last day!

11,199 Topics
+14 new last day!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

6 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter