Filter Submission Guidelines
Following these guidelines will improve the chances that the filter you submit will be approved and included into the Filter Library. Please understand that we reserve the right to reject any filter at our reviewers' sole discretion, even though the filter might seemingly meet all the guidelines.
- No religious, ethnical, racial, sexual or any other offense, direct or indirect.
- No explicit or obscene language, violence, or pornography.
- No inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions.
- No disparaging or defamatory references to any person, company, organization, product or service.
- No references to religions, religious figures or symbols (e.g. Jesus, Buddhism, Savior, Crucifix).
Captions and Texts
- No spelling errors (allowed in Keywords).
- No lazy text or gibberish like 'asdfasdf', '11111' or 'desc here'.
- No ALL CAPS, AlTeRNatInG CaPs, l33tsp34k or dudespeak coz it annoys 2 many ppl.
- No spammy-looking keywords, text or punctuation (e.g. '*O* BE$T Filter EVER!!!!! *O*').
- No extensive keyword repetition (e.g. wood Wood WOOD wood Wood WOOD).
- No clones or near-clones; new filters must be sufficiently different from other filters in the library.
- No simplistic or trivial filters like 'Top-to-Bottom Gradient' or 'Blue Fill Inside Selection'.
- No slapdash filters like 'Some Brown Stuff with Circles'.
- An update must be based on the previous version of the filter.
- An update must improve the original filter and/or fix problems in it.
- An update should not drastically change the controls or look of the original filter.
- The author must include a comment describing what's new in this update.
- Filter Name should suggest the look and purpose of the filter.
- Description should tell users what the filter can be used for.
- Factory presets must be sufficiently different from each other.
- Control names should suggest the way the controls work.
- Keywords must be relevant to the filter.
- The preset thumbnails should render fast enough not to block the library server.
Compliance with the Submit Wizard
This is really a fantastic piece of software, I highly recommend everyone checking it out if you're into pattern/texture map creation.
See All Testimonials
“It's a powerful and logical way of creating effects that's relatively easy to learn by seeing how other effects are built. Creating filters from scratch is time-consuming, but for a wider user group, it's a great way to modify already-created effects.”
“Filter Forge is an incredibly powerful new Photoshop Plugin. It's simply amazing. It gives you the power to create your own filters (you must run them from inside Filter Forge though) without any programming knowledge at all.”