From Filter Forge Wiki
Welcome to the Filter Forge Wiki!
General Filter Forge
- Most Asked Support Questions - Newcomers to Filter Forge, please take a look at this page.
- Platform Migration Guide - How to transfer all Filter Forge filters, settings, etc from Windows to Mac and from Mac to Windows.
- Feature Wishlist - An archive of feature requests from the Feature Wishlist forum.
- Beginner's Cookbook - A collection of basic "recipes" (i.e. mini-tutorials) aimed at those new to filter creation.
- The DOs and DON'Ts of Filter Construction - Useful thoughts & techniques towards more efficient filters.
- Optimizing Filters for Speed - Components and render speed.
- Hints, tips, and tricks - A collection of hot tips, cool tricks and hidden Filter Forge secrets!
- Snippet Guide - A reference for the basic effects that can be incorporated into more sophisticated filters. -- [Needs an update!]
- The Filter That Was Doomed - Guidelines for Avoiding 'Low Usage'.
- Animation filters - A guide to create filters for animation.
Scripting in Filter Forge
- Getting Started with Scripting - A crash course into creating your own components.
- Sample-based Architecture - A dive-into into Filter Forge rendering guts.
- Map Script Component - A guide for making your own Map component.
- Referencing Inputs - How to make your component accept connections.
- Scripting Tips and Tricks - General scripting tips, tricks and optimization hints.
- Scripting API - Filter Forge Scripting API (in Help).
- Libraries and meta classes - A place for script snippets, meta classes and libraries.
- Gradients 101 - An introduction to gradients in FF -- [Under construction].
- Kaleidoscopes Unveiled - What you always wanted to know about Kaleidoscopes but were afraid to ask.
- Noise Lab - An in-depth look at harnessing the power of Perlin and Worley OR "Where is all my Noise?" -- [This article is a stub!]
- Offsets Demystified - Exploring the versatile Offset component and its myriad uses. [Needs an author!].
- Thresholds - A closer look the possibilities of the Threshold component -- [Under construction].
External Filter Forge tools
- FFCat - Tool for categorizing your filters
- FFBatchTool - Tool for multiple input/output, animation, filter-stacking and more.
- FFBatchmaster - Tool for batch animation
- FFBatch - Tool for batch animation
- FFPreview - Bookmarklet to use on filterforge.com to 3D preview filters
- The Art of Texturing - A web-link repository for texturing tutorials and other learning materials.
- Reference Library - A web-link repository for online texture reference material and free texture libraries.
- Creating Image Effects - A web-link repository for inspirational image effect tutorials.
- The HDRI Repository - A web-link repository for all stuff related to HDRI and making FF environments.