c r v a

Filters: 79
Chuck Close V2 by Indigo Ray
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/8399.html

Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

interesting Indigo smile:) - if the internal shapes with in the squares were irregularly distorted like Chucks, that would be pretty cool smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

had a fiddle

Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

This looks about right, doesn't it? I also edited the brightness so there were less 100% black/white squares.

...or something like that.
  Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

your version looks better,looks pretty good to chucks style smile:)

Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

It's not easy simulating real hand-made artwork on a computer program. As you can see in those two portraits, its harder to make out the facial features than those in a real Chuck Close painting. Then again, I don't intend to replace "designed" art with procedural filters, just draw inspiration from them. Still, it would be nice if I could find a way to accentuate important details like lips or eyes.
  Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

Sorry for interfering with your filter, I like the filter so couldn't help but have more of a fiddle and try and get more detail - it started to vear away from looking chucky, these are all in one filter.

Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

Chuck smile:) smile:)

Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

and smile;)

Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

here is the original

Details E-Mail
Scott_Blake
I created a free online filter that built digital mosaics out of dissected Chuck Close images, but the real Chuck Close asked me to shut it down and I agreed.

Chuck Close does not want his art to be trivialized. He will exercise his legal rights, even if your motives are good. If he knows about your project and does nothing, that will put him in a position where he cannot fight the next, even more egregious usage of his copyrighted images and use of his name.

He wrote, "it may be an amusing project and many people might like it, but it is MY art that is trivialized, MY career you are jeopardizing, MY legacy, which i have to think about for my children, and MY livelihood. i must fight to protect it." Chuck Close, November 2010

1. Do not scan, import, or photograph any of Chuck Close's original images from books, websites, or museums to be used in your own projects.

2. Do not appropriate, reference, or digitally convert any of Chuck Close's original images.

3. Do not create a computer program, Photoshop action, or online filter that builds mosaics out of dissected Chuck Close images.

4. Do not use Chuck Close's name in the title of your project.

Sincerely,
Scott Blake
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Correct me if I'm wrong, but names cannot be copyrighted. Also, this filter doesn't use any of Mr. Close's artwork like yours did. I hope he is not offended by this as I was only inspired by his art. smile:)
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

26,231 Registered Users
+67 new last day!

136,395 Posts
+67 new in 7 days!

13,264 Topics
+9 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

6 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter