I Like it! smile;)

Have a GREAT day! smile:)

Ron
zazzle.com/Ronspassionfordesign*
So much to learn, so little time.
  Details E-Mail
hexagonstar
Filters: 18
Thanks folks! Glad you like this one! smile:)
  Details E-Mail
LakeEffects
LakeEffects
I like this filter, but it keeps crashing FF and PS3 on me! What's happening?
DebraS
  Details E-Mail
LakeEffects
LakeEffects
OK, I DON'T like this filter because I hate how it always crashes Filter Forge AND Photoshop CS3.

This happens everytime. Two different computers, an iMac and a MBP both running OS10.6.5.

How can I delete this filter from my library of them? I hit it by accident today, but it was too late. Another hour of work down the drain.
DebraS
  Details E-Mail
hexagonstar
@Debra sorry to hear that the filter crashes on your machine! It never crashed here so I didn't know it could be unstable for some users. There's nothing exotic on the structure of the filter and only a few scripts which are very simple.

Maybe somebody of the dev team has an idea why the filter would crash?
  Details E-Mail
LakeEffects
LakeEffects
Thanks for responding, @temporalvistasquash. I am bummed. I just tried your toycam-68 and deepsky filters and they work fine. Both very cool effects, BTW. Then I went back to toycam-82. . .

Toycam-82 creates the first square of the image, then crashes FF, leaving a six page error message and causing a "force quit" of PS CS3. If the error report weren't so big, I'd attach it. I made a copy if anyone wants to see it.
DebraS
  Details E-Mail
hexagonstar
@Debra can you do me a favor and try out the filter version in the attached file and tell whether it still crashes or not?

Toycam-82 (Alt).ffxml
  Details E-Mail
LakeEffects
LakeEffects
It works perfectly - no crash! Thank you! I look forward to using it now. smile:)
DebraS
  Details E-Mail
hexagonstar
Thanks! So it really are those map scripts, even if they are really simple ones. I guess I will remove them from the released version.
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Next time please duplicate such crash reports in the corresponding 'Bugs and problems' forum.
  Details E-Mail
LakeEffects
LakeEffects
@GMM, I did post this over there a couple weeks ago, but my post about it seems to have disappeared. Or, at least, I cannot find it again. I thought it got deleted because it referenced the same issue, even though it had more info.
DebraS
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,312 Registered Users
+5 new last day!

137,468 Posts
+19 new last day!

13,391 Topics
+9 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

8 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter