Login - Create Account

Urgent Download Problems

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Daymoon
As the saying goes I know just enough computer to be dangerous. Some fundamental things I don't know at all.

I went to the Apple Store and downloaded Filter Forge. My iMac desktop (running Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and I have Photoshop CS6 standalone) was connected to Filter Forge site and I downloaded the program. I guess it gave me the program. An employee was assisting me at the Apple Store. (We clicked on the free trail afterwards too… Because when we tried to click Buy, the next screen said it could not connect to the site or something. We tried everything. The employee that was helping me said it could be because my OSX is too old. He tried the same thing on the store laptop he had and it got through to the Buy page. Then he said that I could buy it on his computer and then fill in the License Key on the Filter Forge Screen on my computer. (I got Filter Forge Pro and Librarian + Library Backup ) I filled in my credit card info on his store laptop and bought it on his computer. We filled in the License Key in on my computer. Now I am home I don’t know if I have Filter Forge the full program on my computer or the trial? In “Applications” it says Filter Forge 7 Size – 220.1MB. Also under “Applications” it says Filter Forge universal plugin 19.8MB and Filter Forge. app 47.1MB. There is also a “license.rtf” 41KB. There is also a “InstallPlugins” [Unix Executable File] 406KB and a “FFCmd Renderer” [Unix Executable File] 32MB. There are other Folders…Environments 13.4MB/Help 20.5MB/Previews 45MB/Resources 41.8MB

When I bring up Photoshop, under the Filter Menu it says Filter Forge > Filter Forge 7. When I then double click the Filter Forge 7, the Filter Forge program opens, but the picture I had open in Photoshop is not in it, just one of the pictures from a filter in Filter Forge. My computer shows the Filter Forge icon in Launchpad, but we moved that to the Dock.

When I bring up Filter Forge alone without Photoshop I can import one of my photos into it and the filters work on the picture that I imported. [ We specified Standalone when buying the program, I guess.] But I think only the trial's filters are in Filter Forge! I don’t have all the filters in the program! I just paid approx. $180 on my credit card for this! I got the Pro version of Filter Forge and Librarian and Library Backup. And I don’t have all the filters. I can see previews of the filters that are there, but I don’t have all the filters. What can I do?

I remember Filter Forge support said you could not put the Librarian & Library Backup on a thumb drive and just download it into your computer, you had to have your computer connected to the internet and at the Filter Forge site to do this. I think I have made a big mistake paying for this on another computer and pasting the license key to Filter Forge on my computer. I just paid for something I don't have. I don't want to have to pay for it twice. I don't have the internet at home. I just go to the library for it. That is why I downloaded it at Apple, for the internet and advisement. I now see emails from Filter Forge in my inbox...

One says :

Filter Forge Support <support@filterforge.com>
Today at 4:32 AM

To

Message body

Here's the download link for your Filter Library Backup with Librarian (7.0):

https://www.filterforge.com/download/s...0Setup.dmg

This package includes both Library Backup and Librarian.
Filter Forge Librarian allows you to sel ect specific filters to be installed into your copy of Filter Forge. Before using Librarian, please make sure your Filter Forge is installed and registered.

Best regards,
Filter Forge Support
support@filterforge.com

Another Email says:

Dear

Thank you for purchasing our software. We hope you'll enjoy Filter Forge 7 and its endless capabilities! This is your registration info for Filter Forge 7.0 Professional Edition (Mac):

Your license name is:
Your license key is: {Key number - I don't want to post it here}

You can download and install Filter Forge 7 from our website:
https://filterforge.com/download/Filter Forge 7 Setup.dmg

and register with this license info.

You should have received a PDF with your order confirmation from Digital River/MyCommerce.com, our payment partner. We recommend you save this order confirmation: if you need to contact us, please specify your order number.

Here's the download link for your Filter Library Backup with Librarian (7.0, Mac):
https://www.filterforge.com/download/s...lib/Filter Forge Librarian 7 Setup.dmg

This package includes both Library Backup and Librarian.
Filter Forge Librarian allows you to sel ect specific filters to be installed into your copy of Filter Forge. Before using Librarian, please make sure your Filter Forge is installed and registered.

With any inquiries, please contact us via the contact form at https://www.filterforge.com/contact/ – we will be happy to help you.

Best regards,
Filter Forge Team

The Digital River Email:

Dear Mr./Mrs.
Thank you for placing an order with MyCommerce Share-it, an authorized reseller of Filter Forge Inc..
Your MyCommerce Share-it Order Number: 550212673
The PDF attachment to this e-mail includes an invoice for your order.
Your credit card (Visa) has been debited with 179.83 USD.
Please note that your card statement will list "DRI*FILTER FORGE INC.".
Product Delivery Details
Filter Forge Professional 7.0 (Mac)
License key for unlocking the product
The product is licensed to ...
Please note that you will not receive a delivery by postal mail.
The license key for "Filter Forge Professional 7.0 (Mac)" is listed below. You will need this license key to complete the process and activate the product. The license key and the text below originate from the software publisher and may be written in another language.
This is your license key which will convert your trial version of Filter Forge into Filter Forge 7.0 Professional Edition.

License name: ...
License key: ...

To enter the key into Filter Forge, follow these instructions:
1. Run Filter Forge.
2. Choose Help > Enter License Key from the main menu (or click 'Enter License Key' if the trial has already expired).
3. Copy & paste or type your license name into the License Name field.
4. Copy & paste or type your license key into the License Key field.
5. Click OK to complete the registration.

If you don't have the trial version of Filter Forge, you should download it from our website, www.filterforge.com, and install it. If you're having problems entering the key, please contact us via the contact form at http://www.filterforge.com/contact/ - we will be happy to help you.

We also suggest you take a look at the companion products: Filter Library Backup and Librarian. They allow you to load all the 12,000+ library filters into your Filter Forge and eliminates the need to open filters one-by-one from the website. You will also be able to use Filter Forge without Internet access.
For more details, please click here:
https://filterforge.com/buy/librarian.html
Filter Forge Librarian - complements Filter Library Backup (7.0, Mac)
The publisher of "Filter Forge Librarian - complements Filter Library Backup (7.0, Mac)" has been notified and is responsible for delivering this product.
Filter Forge Inc. will deliver the product within 48 hours.
Please contact Filter Forge Inc. directly with any questions about the delivery of your order at:
support@filterforge.com
The following information is from Filter Forge Inc. and may be written in another language:
Dear Filter Forge user,

Thank you for ordering Filter Forge Librarian. If you have purchased a filter library backup, Librarian will help you install library filters into your Filter Forge without the need to download them one by one.

Your order will be processed within 1 business day.

Before using Librarian, please make sure your Filter Forge is installed and registered.

With any inquiries about Filter Forge Librarian, please contact us via the contact form at http://www.filterforge.com/contact/ - we will be happy to help you.

Best regards,
Filter Forge Team
Filter Library Backup 7.0 (over 12,000 library filters)
The publisher of "Filter Library Backup 7.0 (over 12,000 library filters)" has been notified and is responsible for delivering this product.
Filter Forge Inc. will deliver the product within 48 hours.
Please contact Filter Forge Inc. directly with any questions about the delivery of your order at:
support@filterforge.com
Customer Service
Questions about your order, payment or delivery?
Answers to the most frequently asked questions / contact and your order data. If you purchased a subscription, you can manage it by going to the password-protected area in the Customer Care Center.
http://ccc.shareit.com/ccc/?languageid=1&pid=550212673
Your order data:
http://ccc.shareit.com/ccc/my_account...=550212673
General terms and conditions of business:
http://www.shareit.com/termscondition...7b36e2034a
Technical Support
If you have any technical questions about the product, please contact Filter Forge Inc. directly:
support@filterforge.com
http://www.filterforge.com/contact/
Sincerely,
MyCommerce Share-it, an authorized reseller of Filter Forge Inc.
Please note:
This e-mail was generated by a mail handling system. Please do not reply to the address listed in the "From" field.
Please read the CUSTOMER SERVICE section for answers to your questions.
Viewing PDF documents:
You can download Adobe Reader free of charge fr om the following location:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html
Digital River
MyCommerce Share-it - a service of Digital River - http://www.mycommerce.com
Digital River GmbH
Scheidtweilerstr. 4, D-50933 Cologne, Germany
Managing Director: Kristopher Thomas Schmidt
Registered Office: Cologne / HRB 56188 / District court of Cologne

The attached PDF to above:

Customer service contact address:
Share-it - Digital River, Inc.
10380 Bren Road West
Minnetonka, MN 55343
USA...

USA
06-DEC-2017
Invoice for order #... dated 06-DEC-2017
Seller of the product: Publisher:
Digital River GmbH Filter Forge Inc.
Scheidtweilerstr. 4 Mark Evdokimov
50933 Cologne 901 North Pitt Street, Suite 325
Germany Alexandria, VA 22314
USA
Tax ID Number (Germany): 223/5804/6905
VAT-ID: DE194149069
Item # Description Qty. Unit Price VAT Amount
300779835p Filter Forge Professional 7.0 (Mac) USD 422.94
Delivery date: 06-DEC-2017
1 USD 399.00 6.00%1) USD 23.94
discount 1 USD -299.25 6.00%1) USD -17.96 USD -317.21
300779247p Filter Forge Librarian - complements USD 42.35
Filter Library Backup (7.0, Mac)
Delivery date: no later than 08-DEC-2017
1 USD 39.95 6.00%1) USD 2.40
300779249p Filter Library Backup 7.0 (over 12,000 USD 31.75
library filters)
Delivery date: no later than 08-DEC-2017
1 USD 29.95 6.00%1) USD 1.80
Net total USD 169.65
VAT USD 10.18
Total amount USD 179.83
Sequential invoice no.: ...
Payment Type: Credit Card (Visa)
1)) USSG2: Standard Seller collected use tax applies because of sale fr om outside jurisdiction.
Digital River GmbH · Scheidtweilerstr. 4 · 50933 Cologne · Germany
Customer service: https://cs.mycommerce.com/ · www.mycommerce.com
Managing Director: Kristopher Thomas Schmidt
VAT-Id-No: DE194149069 · Tax-ID-No: 223/5804/6905
Commercial Register: District court of Cologne HRB 56188

So do I have Filter Forge 7 Pro Librarian & Library Backup installed on my computer or not? I am so confused. What do I do?

And I'm not for sure that I am registered?

Really, Thank You for help with this.

Thank You Very Much!

Daymoon
  Details E-Mail
EAdams

Hello Daymoon, don't panic - it doesn't matter what computer you made the actual purchase on. The only thing that matters is that you downloaded and installed FF to your own computer and entered your license key as described in the instructions. When you open FF you can click on Help - About to see the version of FF you have installed and the License Name (which should be your name if you registered the product correctly).

When you first install FF, only a few filters are available in the program. People like me who didn't purchase the Filter Library Backup or the Filter Forge Librarian have to go to the website and sel ect individual filters to download by clicking on the Open this Filter in Filter Forge button. The Filter Library Backup that you purchased makes all the filters available to you offline. I don't know exactly how it works since I don't own it, but my understanding is that one uses the FF Librarian software to browse the Library Backup and install all the filters you want into FF quickly and easily. So just owning the Backup and the Librarian software won't make all the filters automatically available in FF - you still have to tell the Librarian software to install the filters you want. (It may also be possible to make the Backup filters available by manually copying them to the correct folder on your computer. I would expect there to be instructions with the Backup.)

The emails you posted indicate that you did indeed receive links to download and install the software. One mystery I don't understand is why, when you use FF from the Filter menu of Photoshop, your own image is not being used. Make sure you are actually applying a FF filter that needs your image as input. There are many filters that create new patterns or textures fr om scratch and don't require an input image. And some filters (like "Alphabet Texture Creator") load one of the default images as input within the filter itself. So if you want your own image to be used, you have to open the filter's settings and manually change the input image to your own image. If there is a justification for applying such a filter fr om within Photoshop, I am unaware of it.

I'm sure that other users with experience with the backup and Librarian will be able to help you.
  Details E-Mail
Daymoon
And yes, in Help-About my name was on the register and I have the program I ordered, not the free trial. Thank You. Your exactly right, the filter I was trying to load was a kind of standalone. I loaded a normal filter with no problem.
What will be asked when I click on the link for Librarian and Library Backup together so I can download them? Can I download these to a thumb drive so I can later load it into my computer? Or can I have it downloaded to any computer and then get the file fr om that computer on to a thumb drive and transfer it to my computer? Or do I have to download them directly to the computer they are going to be used on?
After installation, how do I locate Librarian and Library Backup? Where is Library Backup ? If Librarian is a program, will it be listed with my Launchpad programs? Can I move Library Backup to an External Hard drive (cutting down on the space it will take up on my computer, because, I guess for all the filters in it, it would be close to 2GB in size)? Will Librarian have to be moved there too for them both to operate if I wanted to load new filters into Filter Forge on my computer?

I also have a question about the Filter Forge Preview when you are applying a filter. I have been working with the few filters I have now in Filter Forge. I’m working through Photoshop, so I must have gotten the FF plugin. When the Saved filtered picture (tiff uncompressed, no size change)is compared to the Preview still running in Filter Forge (both at 100%) The picture and picture details are exactly the same. (I had to change the filtered picture’s color profile to Apple RGB in PS to get the color to match). When the preview is displayed in Filter Forge any smaller than 100% it sometimes does not match the saved filtered picture at the same smaller percentage of display. The preview always looks a bit more pixelated than the saved picture. This makes the preview look so much better , sharp and crisp. I don’t know much about this really. It’s your preview display or it’s my computer’s native display is not like yours, or it’s that particular filter.
… It’s hard to filter without looking at the whole picture in FF preview. And I can’t see the whole picture at 100% display(which then would be identical to the saved picture…or what I am going to get back after the picture is filtered and saved. I’m saving as a uncompressed Tiff) . Is there something to change window in Filter Forge so I can see the whole picture at 100%? {My test picture was about 17MB from my older camera. I would have to look up the dimensions. My newer camera’s dimensions are twice the size!} I was surprised when I got my filtered picture back (an uncompressed Tif) and compared it to the preview (both at the same % of display which was less than 100%). The saved picture was a bit loopy and not as focused, (not much, but a tinsy tiny little bit) and the preview was still as good-looking as ever, sharper and crisp. Far more presentable and graphic. And the FF preview is what I’m working with in Filter settings to achieve. It’s the only thing I’ve got to look at. I don’t know if I’m missing something real basic in FF preferences or in general computer… or if any printing, or other site’s display would automatically correct for this and again come up with the exact Filter Forge preview look, when I wanted to use the picture. Or do I have to sharpen the saved picture to get it closer looking to the original FF preview I worked with? Most times I’m not a fan of sharpening in a case like this.
I’ve got far more to read about in how to apply filters in Filter Forge, but I have run into this before, wh ere a program’s display window looks way better than the picture you ultimately save. Of course these windows are usually very small. So I also have the question above . Everything else seems to be working great! I love the filters and the fine tuning you can do with them! So much more than with Photoshop.

Thank You for your help and information.

Daymoon
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+17 new in 7 days!

137,919 Posts
+12 new last day!

13,450 Topics
+9 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

6 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter