Filter Forge 4.0 Beta
The new powerful Filter Forge 4.0 has entered beta testing!
Grab the free beta version that is a 30-day fully functional trial of Filter Forge Professional 4.0. To use the beta beyond the trial period, buy Filter Forge 3.0 and get a free key for the 4.0 beta. This is the second stage of the beta test, with more stages to come.
Preorders for Upgrades to Filter Forge 4.0 Now Accepted
You can preorder an upgrade from your Filter Forge version to Filter Forge 4.0 at a special price. The offer is valid until the commercial release of Filter Forge 4.0.
New Feature Added in Beta Stage 1
Until version 4.0, Filter Forge had no way of organizing filter complexity or abstracting it away. To simplify the creation of complex filters, Filter Forge 4.0 introduces groups that let you “package” reusable parts of the filter tree into custom-made components with user-definable inputs and parameters!
New Feature Added in Beta Stage 2
Filter Forge 4 introduces a new Loop component that adds a whole new dimension to filter creation. It brings two key concepts of programming – nested loops and recursions – into a visual environment of Filter Forge, in a way that doesn't require you to write any code. Arguably, this is the biggest addition to Filter Forge since version 1.0 in terms of image generation abilities.
Filter Forge 4.0 Beta Notes
- The testing is to be done in several stages, with new features added at every stage.
- The beta is a 30-day fully functional trial of Filter Forge Professional 4.0. All customers of Filter Forge can get a beta key to use the beta version beyond the 30-day trial period. Please note that this key will not work with the commercial 4.0 version. To request the beta key, click here.
- At the moment, filters made with the 4.0 beta can't be submitted into the online filter library. This also means filters made in the 4.0 beta don't qualify for reward points.
- Registered users who are subscribed to our newsletter will receive the news related to the beta testing by email. You can register at http://www.filterforge.com/more/registration/. If you don't want to receive emails, you can subscribe to our news RSS feed.
- Users who are lucky to find bugs will receive a free copy of Filter Forge. Rewards will be granted after the commercial version of Filter Forge 4.0 is released. All free copies will be download-only, no CDs will be shipped. Here's what you get for reporting bugs:
- Filter Forge Basic for 3 bugs;
- Filter Forge Standard for 4 bugs;
- Filter Forge Professional for 5 and more bugs.
To be eligible for a free copy, please keep in mind the following requirements:
- Bugs should be submitted to the 'Beta 4.0' forum (requires registration). If you are submitting a bug via the built-in bug reporting tool, you need to post the message on the forum as well.
- Bugs that are already on the 'Known bugs' list are not accepted.
- The credit for a bug is given to the first user who submitted it.
- A platform-independent bug (that occurs both on Mac and PC) counts for a single bug.
- The bugs must be reproducible and should include steps required to reproduce.
Before you install the beta, please review the system requirements and supported host applications.
The Filter Forge Watercolor filter is so realistic that it’s scary. It is soooooooo GREAT! Trust me, you definitely need to check this out.
Senior Creative Director
See All Testimonials
“I do think you guys are likely the best software company I've ever had dealings with.”
Filter Forge is an excellent filter creation tool with a strong community spirit that will enhance your Photoshop creations.”