Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

Would you like to have the Filters Library list of FF like this here?

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
I want to ask you a question to see what you think about this

Would you like to have the Filters Library list that is on the left of FF look like this shown here below ? (Please look below at the screenshot simulation I have done in Photoshop)

I agree that now with Filter Forge 3.0 The interface in more customizable and can be resized, well as far as it can, as it is not totally free, but it is OK and is good as it is now until a future redesign for 4.0.

I like very much that the presets can be arranged in different ways and they are organized according to the size of the available space of it´s own pane and in rows.

BUT what happens with the filter list ? Why this is not also can be rearranged and organized to fill the available size space of very large window that now has, and be able to fill all the huge empty space that there is now.

Do you think that this would be really useful and interesting to have instead of the vertical scrolling that is now ?

Please, click over the image to see it at full size

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Filters: 108
Yes for sure !

Very great question ! Bravo ! smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
Let's first have customizable folders and personal tags, then worry about the hard to do stuff...
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Morgantao wrote:

Let's first have customizable folders and personal tags, then worry about the hard to do stuff...

I agree that the customizable folders, personal keywords adding and tags are very important and needed, BUT I think that this request is much harder and could really take much more time to implement and make than what I have put above.

Why do you say that what I a suggesting is "hard to do stuff"?

I am not really a programmer and of course do not belong to the FF team, and do not know what is hard and what is not.

But I think that if they have already made the new interface and have already been able to make the presets thumbnails rearrange when resizing

WHY is not possible the same as presets, with the Filters library thumbnails ???

I do not think that it would be really difficult to make and do not think would take much time to do, UNLESS there is some "technical" reason why this is hard to do or much difficult that it seems.

To have the filters thumbnails resize as shown above would really help very much and would be MUCH to see the filters you have BEFORE FF finally decides to include the customizable folders, whcih for me is much harder to do and would take much more time.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
I guess you're right, both issues are hard to fix while FF inc is too busy counting the profits instead of writing code.
It's either that, or a bad case of I DON'T CARE what the paying customers want.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Morgantao wrote:
I guess you're right, both issues are hard to fix while FF inc is too busy counting the profits instead of writing code.
It's either that, or a bad case of I DON'T CARE what the paying customers want.

Yes, they have released a new version with WHAT THEY WANTED TO ooffer as new on that version and get the money of the upgrades of all the users and that is why they also have the 60% discount to be able to get much more money.

I think really is a bad case of I DON´T CARE what the paying customers want, because if this is not true, HOW is it possible that there are STILL some very important and needed things that have been asked many times through different threads and since many years ago and they are still not included in 2012 ?

And also is bad case that they are very lucky not have a competing company that makes a better sofware than they make.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Also there is another thing that shows that they do not care much TO ANSWER to what they do not want to hear.

Lately, or some time ago, If there is a thread that has something requested and there are many that would like to have this, BUT FF INC. think for them that is not needed or that there are "other priorities" there is no answer to any of this threads and is kept silence.

At least FF Inc. could tell, yes we are going to make this, OR we are not going to make it, or whatever, but say something about it !!

I still really do not know why they have changed the Presets to be reorganized, and have left the filters list untouched and with a huge space available that could be used

Is there any technical reason why this that is shown in the first post has not been done before ?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Please, Will we have to wait for FF 4.0 to see this become available ??????

I am sorry for my ignorance of programming and if this would be difficult or not, BUT would it be really so difficult to make that the filter thumbnails can be rearranged and fill the window space like the presets can do ?

I find that the new interface is great and useful ONLY for using the filter editor, because I do not see benefits from the FF filter user if you can´t see the filter list extending to the available space.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,Please
Please,Please,Please,Please,Please,Please

Tell me that in FF 4.0 it will be possible to have the filter library list like it is shown in the first post. it would be really great.

This would be optionally, as it happens already with the filter presets, that you can them as you want.

Thanks really very much
  Details E-Mail
uberzev
not uberfez

Filters: 36
I'd like a mode like that but only if you got larger thumbnails.
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,294 Registered Users
+10 new last day!

120,716 Posts
+56 new last day!

11,073 Topics
+5 new last day!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

13 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter