Filter Forge Update 1.016 - Memory Leak Fix (Windows), Help and Bug Fixes (Mac OS X)
March 13, 2009
Alexandria, VA, USA (March 13, 2009) – Filter Forge, Inc. today released the update 1.016 to Filter Forge, a Photoshop plugin that allows users to create their own filters. The current update fixes the memory leak in the Windows version, adds Mac-specific help to the Mac OS X version, and fixes numerous bugs.
How to update: To download and install the update 1.016, select Tools > Updates from the Filter Forge main menu. The update preserves all downloaded and user-created filters, as well as user settings and the license key. Users who do not want to use the built-in update feature can download and install the update manually from http://www.filterforge.com/download/
About Filter Forge, Inc. – Based in Alexandria, VA, Filter Forge, Inc. is a one-product company solely focused on developing Filter Forge, a high-end Photoshop plugin allowing computer artists to build their own filters. The key features of Filter Forge include a visual filter editor and a free online library of user-created filters to which anyone can contribute. For more information, visit http://www.filterforge.com
List of Updates, Additions and Fixes
- A single codebase is now used for both Windows and Mac OS X versions.
- Filter Forge no longer crashes with the 'Failed to create event' error due to the memory leak.
Mac OS X specific:
- Filter rendering speed increased by 6 to 50 per cent.
- After entering the license key and quitting, Filter Forge no longer refuses to start.
- The Temporary Files Location dropdown on the Rendering tab in Options now allows to select the temporary files location and shows the amount of free disk space.
- Filter Forge help is now Mac-specific and contains index and search.
- Fixed scrollbar 'jumping' in the list of controls.
- The timeout in the 'Connecting to the server' window has been reduced, the window is now more responsive.
- The built-in autoupdater no longer crashes Filter Forge.
- Fixed a filter update error in the built-in library browser which caused the 'Cannot set modal result 2 for disabled form' error.
- Fixed a bug that caused clicks on hyperlinks in the component properties to 'fall through' to the properties of the linked component.
- Fixed several mouse handling bugs that resulted in the 'Unable to add action to locked undo/redo list' error.
- When a modal window is shown, the mouse pointer is no longer affected by regions of the underlying windows.
- When switching to Filter Forge from another application, the pointer image is now consistent with the current pointer location.
- Fixed a bug in the Enter License Key window that caused Filter Forge to crash when a very long license name was entered.
- In the Save As dialog, two dots are no longer inserted between the file name and the extension.
- Decimal separator settings defined in the current locale are now applied in the numeric entry fields.
- An attempt to address the filter library no longer causes Filter Forge to quit without any error message or bug report.
- The command-line renderer no longer shows unnecessary debug data in the Terminal window.
- Minor bugs fixed in the built-in bug reporting tool.
- Data transfer between the plugin and the host is now faster.
- Removed a random-colored gap in the bottom-right corner of the preview area.
- Removed small gaps between the scrollbars and the preview border.
- Single-pixel artifacts no longer appear at the preview edges when panning the preview area.
- Photoshop layers now update correctly when the Last Filter item is selected in the Filter menu shortly after Filter Forge has been used in the plugin mode.
- Fixed a bug in the slider control that caused the 'List index 4294967295 (-1) is out of values list bounds' error.
- Fixed the 'Could not complete the Filter Forge command because there is not enough memory (RAM)' error in the plugin mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused Filter Forge to crash during the rendering instead of restarting the rendering.
- Fixed a bug in the filter description form that prevented the Alien Abstraction filter from loading.
- Fixed the Size slider issue which occurred when non-seamless textures were generated in the discrete filters.
- Clicking the 'Download more filters' link in the Filter Forge is no longer required prior to opening filters from the web library.
- The 'Keep in Dock' command applied to an expired trial no longer prevents Filter Forge from closing correctly.
Back to the news list
This is really a fantastic piece of software, I highly recommend everyone checking it out if you're into pattern/texture map creation.
See All Testimonials
“Incredibly powerful texture engine.”