|
DigitalWheelie
Posts: 5 |
Go in to Settings > Photoshop Plugins, select the Filter Forge folder in "Plugin Search Folder," and select "Allow Unknown to be used"
Restart the app and they should be in Pixels > Filters > Plugins Additional info: Affinity is a hybrid pixel, vector, page layout app based on Affinity's previous separate products (Photo, Designer and Publisher). They were bought by Canva last year, made this new hybrid app, and IT'S TOTALLY FREE! And it works w/ latest versions of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator files. (Unless you want Canva's AI tools, then it's extra). I was recently laid off and lost my access to Creative Cloud apps,. Was going to go back to Affinity, but found things have changed. I've been playing with it for a few days and I think it's powerful, feature-rich, and very intuitive. And that price sure beats Adobe. And, yeah, they may charge one day, but for now I'm gonna enjoy the ride and redo my stuff. https://www.affinity.studio/ |
|
| Posted: November 1, 2025 11:07 am | ||
|
Cassel
Posts: 16 |
I was able to install it on Windows, but I cannot use it as I get a crash report every time.
It crashes for FF14, and FF12. However, I found out that FF11 works fine. |
|
| Posted: November 2, 2025 10:48 am | ||
|
CFandM
|
Here is the fix for windows and it might work on the mac as well. Manual Install
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times! |
|
| Posted: October 7, 2026 12:02 am | ||
|
CFandM
|
Here is the video of installing FF12 in Affinity manually. This is for the windows version but it gives you a direction to go. Also remember at some point Apple changed the system so FF will not work or at least OSX will have a hard time with older versions of FF...
Affinity and FF12 Manual Install Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times! |
|
| Posted: October 7, 2026 7:34 am | ||
Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!
33,850 Registered Users
+8 new in 30 days!
153,804 Posts
+5 new last day!
15,395 Topics
+45 new in year!
35 unregistered users.