YOUR ACCOUNT

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Cassel
Cassel
Posts: 18
I have been using Filter Forge with PaintShop Pro for many years. Typically, when I generate an effect with a filter, the next time I load FF (in the same session), it would immediately show the last filter used. That is convenient to generate different variations of the same filter.
Last week, I used it with Affinity, and I find that it always reverts to the same "default" filter so I lose the last one I had, and the settings I had.

So this is a different behavior for FF when used through two different host programs. Is it due to FF behaving differently, or are the programs handling FF differently?
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Posts: 4805
Filters: 271
After you choose the settings that you want for the filter and before applying it to the image go to the presets and click the little drop down menu and "add preset".
This will keep the settings and then you can choose that next time you use that filter. When you change the settings you can update that preset or add another one...

Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Cassel
Cassel
Posts: 18
I understand that I can save a preset. But even if I do, the second (or third) time I load FF in the same session, I still have to navigate or search for the last filter I used. This is quite inconvenient and very different from one program to the other.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Posts: 4805
Filters: 271
Seems to work in the windows version. It goes back to the same filter but one still has to choose the preset. FF defaults to the first preset in that filter...
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Cassel
Cassel
Posts: 18
Quote
CFandM wrote:
Seems to work in the windows version. It goes back to the same filter but one still has to choose the preset. FF defaults to the first preset in that filter...

That is not my experience at all. Using Affinity, it always reverts to a filter that was NOT the last one, while with PSP, it reloads the same filter and even the same settings, even if I had changed them in the last use.
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

33,851 Registered Users
+9 new in 30 days!

153,808 Posts
+7 new last day!

15,395 Topics
+45 new in year!

Create an Account

Online Users Last minute:

18 unregistered users.