|
Ramlyn
Ramlyn

|
I was wondering if it was possible to do an upd ate of the IntSlider control adding the chance to decide the minimum value.
I explain the issue doing an example.
Let's suppose that I have a Polygon component.
I connect an IntSlider control with Sides to give the chance to the user to sel ect how many sides the polygon will have.
With the value 1 the result is a triangle, with 2 I have a square, and so on.
In this case, it should not be like this. I should not have any value 1 or 2. The count should start from 3.
Unfortunately there is no setting for avoiding that the numbers 1 and 2 appear in the IntSlider control range.
Yes, at a first approach it may look like a not too important particular: the user only have to remember that the number of sides is obtained by the selected value + 2.
Unfortunately, only if it is a very simple filter creating a polygon and not much more, everything is easy to understand. If instead the filter creates something more complex than a simple polygon, the things may become rather confused.
The IntSlider control already has a setting for inserting the Max value. When the user sees the value 20 in the control, he knows that same value is used in the filter, without having to think anything or doing other calculations.
Then, why not adding also the chance to ins ert the Minimum value? This way, looking once again at my previous example, we could connect the IntSlider control with the Polygon plug Sides, set the Minimum value at 3 and the Max value at 100, and it would be easy for everybody to understand what is going on, because with a value 3 we would get a triangle, with a val ue 4 a square, etc.
The Remapping doesn't solve this problem, because the real values don't appear in the filter Settings menu. If I se t in the Remapping an offset of 3 and the range is reduced fr om 3 to 100, I can only see this change if I open the editor and I go to check that particular IntSlider control. If instead I look in the filter Settings, the range of that control is still between 1 and 100.
|