Login - Create Account

More Color Correction Features

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Neil Blevins

Would love to see more options added to the "Adjustments" components inside FilterForge. Here's a list of either things I'd love to see added in current nodes, or new nodes that could be added:

* Tint: Tints the input with a color with a Tint opacity amount
* RGB Curves tool: Spline curves to affect the RGB of the incoming image
* Remap: would take the input and remap it to any high and low value you want
* Clamp Value: Would clamp the input to a high and low value, with a Normalize checkbox to decide if the result is remapped to 0 to 1
* Unmultiply Alpha: Useful for textures
* HSV Set: this lets you take any of the three components, H S or V, and change their value to a new value, independently of each other. Like Change the Hue to a value of 0.8, which would make the result Pinkish / Purple, while leaving the Saturation and Value the same as the input map.
* HSV Multiply: this lets you take any of the three components, H S or V, and multiply them by a constant. A constant of 1.0 would produce no result.
* RGBA Multiply: this lets you take any of the four components, R G B or A, and and multiply them by a constant. A constant of 1.0 would produce no result.
* RGBA Add: this lets you take any of the four components, R G B or A, and and add them by a constant.

Thanks for listening!

- Neil
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 74
All of these are already possible in the current FilterForge smile:) Although you'd have to make them.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Example methods:
RGB Curves = Curves component + custom curves.
Remap = elevation gradient or lookup
Clamp = use non HDR components. Although I wonder if there are other ways of doing this.
Unmultiply Alpha = set alpha and reapply the alpha channel. (Does this even work? lol)
HSV Set = Expose each channel and do RGB math and assemble HSV again. Or you can set constant values perchannel.
HSV Multiply = Expose each channel and multiply any of them by a constant value and assemble HSV again.
RGBA Multiply = use the RGB math multiply component or use HDR blend multiply.
RGBA Add = use the RGB math add component or use HDR blend linear dodge.

smile:) Edit: can make some simple examples if you're interested. Probably not for all.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 249
Got one of those covered already... smile;) smile:)
https://www.filterforge.com/filters/10033.html
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Neil Blevins

I'm aware these can all be done with the current system, but these sorts of controls are something I use all the time, and I'd love to have them as their own easy to use nodes, rather than copying and pasting node networks from filter to filter. If we get the ability to create custom components for the menu, I'd be happy to assemble these by hand and share them with everyone, but otherwise I'd like to see them added to the current tools.

- Neil
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Ahhh so this was a sneaky custom-components feature request.
  Details E-Mail
Neil Blevins

Haha. Well, I want that too smile:) But I'll also take these functions added to the standard tools, as its less work for me smile:)

- Neil
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,192 Registered Users
+24 new last day!

137,086 Posts
+14 new last day!

13,340 Topics
+29 new in 30 days!

Online Users Last minute:

5 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter