Login - Create Account

Reaction Diffusion Patterns

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Neil Blevins

Would love to see the ability to make reaction diffusion patterns inside Filterforge. As well as creating many patterns that are really fascinating, so many natural phenomena use these sorts of patterns such as

* animals (zebras, chettas, giraffe)
* fish
* plants
* coral

Also, there is no major application out there that does this sort of patterning, which would put Filterforge in a very unique category if it had this ability. Below are some examples...

Reaction Diffusion Patterns can be used for fish and coral

These are some examples from the "Reaction" filter for Kais Power Tools, which was discontinued and no longer exists. Some great looking sand dunes on the lower left.

Some colorful reaction diffusion patterns...

Some final miscellaneous patterns.

Thanks!

- Neil
  Details E-Mail
ddaydreams
Frank Hawkins
Filters: 1
See This link
  Details E-Mail
ddaydreams
Frank Hawkins
Filters: 1
"Reaction" filter for Kais Power Tools, which was discontinued and no longer exists. Some great looking sand dunes on the lower left.

Corel still has many of those KPT filters including reaction available to Windows users as a plugin included in some Paintshop Pro Versions, which seems to run them well. It's called "Corel's KPT Collection" I'm running the collection on Win7 64 as a plugin to Paintshop Pro X6. All my old KPT3,5,6and effects Plugins were getting hard to run in photoshop. But corel seems to have put some effort into Making their KPT product run well on 32 bit PSP X6
  Details E-Mail
Neil Blevins

Thanks for the link ddaydreams.

So from what I'm seeing, the main filter is looping through Highpass / threshold / blur a set number of times to achieve their result.

So I guess I will amend my wish, and ask for this process to be turned into a official filterforge node. Then we could see

- an arbitrary number of iterations
- other "Reaction" options beyond the highpass / threshold
- writing it as a node would probably increase the speed.

- Neil
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
So I guess I will amend my wish, and ask for this process to be turned into a official filterforge node.

Well, you can do it yourself now inside Filter Forge 4, because it lets you make groups, and as far as I know, these new groups have the same behaviour and works in the same way as an original filter forge node and component
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,192 Registered Users
+24 new last day!

137,086 Posts
+14 new last day!

13,340 Topics
+29 new in 30 days!

Online Users Last minute:

9 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter